[SOLVED] Best mid-budget B550M mobo for Ryzen 5 5600X ?

Jabux

Prominent
Jun 30, 2021
Hey guys i've got a question which "budget" motherboard chipset B550m you would get?

This 5 motherboards would be on my currently budget, i'm not planning in overclock or anything, just use 5600X as stock
I'm between:
-Mother MSI B550M PRO AM4
-Mother Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite AM4
-Mother Asrock B550M Steel Legend AM4
-Mother ASUS TUF B550M-PLUS AM4
-Mother MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA AM4

Btw another dumb question i've have, for example Steel legend MOBO has a "plastic stick" on m.2 inside cover, my question is if i've have to remove the plastic stick from the cover even if i've don't use a M.2? cause i'm not planning in use one, at least for now, but was curious if've have to remove the plastic or leave it on cover.
Thanks!

Solution
Either of those motherboards will get the job done if you don't plan on overclocking. mind you, getting the ram above DDR4-2133MHz is considered overclocking. So since you're on RyZen, you will need to run the ram at, at least, DDR4-3200MHz to get the best out of your platform/investment.

Plastic stick ? Are you referring to the thermal pad? If so, yes you will need to remove the sticker on the M.2 SSD and the thermal pad(blue sticker) to allow for proper heat transmission. If you don't use an M.2 drive, you don't need to remove the stick. Might want to illustrate with a picture in case you or I have misinterpreted what you're saying.

Mind you, you will need a discrete GPU for that pairing since the RyZen processor doesn't come...

Lutfij

Titan
Either of those motherboards will get the job done if you don't plan on overclocking. mind you, getting the ram above DDR4-2133MHz is considered overclocking. So since you're on RyZen, you will need to run the ram at, at least, DDR4-3200MHz to get the best out of your platform/investment.

Plastic stick ? Are you referring to the thermal pad? If so, yes you will need to remove the sticker on the M.2 SSD and the thermal pad(blue sticker) to allow for proper heat transmission. If you don't use an M.2 drive, you don't need to remove the stick. Might want to illustrate with a picture in case you or I have misinterpreted what you're saying.

Mind you, you will need a discrete GPU for that pairing since the RyZen processor doesn't come with an iGPU. FYI, asking us what we'd get isn't a good question since each person's use case scenario and requirements will vary from folk to folk. We should be asking you, what you're looking for in your motherboard purchase? Better audio? Better connectivity options? Better design?

Solution
Hey guys i've got a question which "budget" motherboard chipset B550m you would get?

This 5 motherboards would be on my currently budget, i'm not planning in overclock or anything, just use 5600X as stock
I'm between:
-Mother MSI B550M PRO AM4
-Mother Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite AM4
-Mother Asrock B550M Steel Legend AM4
-Mother ASUS TUF B550M-PLUS AM4
-Mother MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA AM4

Btw another dumb question i've have, for example Steel legend MOBO has a "plastic stick" on m.2 inside cover, my question is if i've have to remove the plastic stick from the cover even if i've don't use a M.2? cause i'm not planning in use one, at least for now, but was curious if've have to remove the plastic or leave it on cover.
Thanks!
Either board will work well with a 5600X...but of that mix I'd suggest the TUF B550M-Plus. Asus has a pretty good BIOS and the board has a beefy VRM (8 phases of 50A DrMOS power stages) that's enough to handle any CPU upgrades you might want to throw in with time. And even if you DID want to overclock it would also work out well; although it's not really worth the effort on Ryzen unless you consider PBO overclocking.

Not sure what you mean by the plastic 'stick'. If it's on the inside of an M.2 cover it's probably protecting the thermal interface pad so leave in place until you put in an NVME, then remove it. If on the outside it's probably protecting the heatsink from scratches so you can either leave it or remove it.

Jabux

Prominent
Jun 30, 2021

Mind you, you will need a discrete GPU for that pairing since the RyZen processor doesn't come with an iGPU. FYI, asking us what we'd get isn't a good question since each person's use case scenario and requirements will vary from folk to folk. We should be asking you, what you're looking for in your motherboard purchase? Better audio? Better connectivity options? Better design?
Yes i've mean the (blue sticker) thermal pad as you said, wasn't sure if i've had to remove it, cause i've wont use m.2. so i'm not sure if that sticker is gonna smelt with mother temps.