Best Mini-ITX Cases 2023: Our Picks for Space-Saving PC Builds

For most getting into the mini-ITX cases, you can't go wrong (and may not go any further) going with the NR200. It's much smaller than the big cases you may have been using, and it's easy to build in. You don't necessarily have to get the Max version if you weren't planning on going with an AIO build. However, if you were, then it doesn't get much easier than the Max with the large 850W PSU and AIO already installed.

The next significant drop in size that I'd recommend is the Ncase M1. It does cost a bit more, but it's an excellent performer that's proven over the test of time. Some of these small sandwich builds can really build the heat on either the GPU or CPU, and some you are forced to use liquid cool. But the Ncase M1 let's you decide how you want to cool it - air or liquid. Great flexiblity, and you even have a Type C port available on the front. Just try to buy a GPU < 300mm in length to install into it. I've even seen 3090 builds in it, so it can definitely be a ton of power in such a small case.

So if you're going into the small cases, enjoy your journey down the rabbit hole! You'll wonder why you ever put up with large towers!

DataMeister

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
I'm happy to see the Ncase M1 still making it into modern lineups. I have a computer running in the first generation M1 case and I still have trouble finding a better case when looking at doing upgrades.

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
How the SSUPD Meshlicious is not even on the list is beyond me. That is the case to beat if you ask me!

Late to the party on this one, but would agree the list is pretty solid. I have to completely agree that the Meshlicious has one of the best internal designs, thermals and cutouts of a Mini-ITX case.

I've been working with various MITX for years so this type of article is good to see from time to time. I currently love my current MITX case though it was a pain to find any reviews for it. Lian Li TU-150WX fantastic mitx case, just a bit rough for the cable management (common in actual MITX cases, it only not an issue on the MATX sized MITX cases.

Flying-Q

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
I pre-ordered a Q-58 when it was first announced and it arrived on the official release date, some time ago. I have built a fully hard-line, water-cooled system in it with a tiny DDC pump/res from Bykski. 5600X and 3600ti both cooled with a 240 rad.

Contrary with the CONS given in the article, cable management was a doddle, though I did make my own cables to exact length, and the PCIe riser is rock solid without any other support.

I'd show an image, but corporate OneDrive won't allow it to be uploaded.

paul.r.stone

Reputable
Oct 25, 2018
I'm happy to see the Ncase M1 still making it into modern lineups. I have a computer running in the first generation M1 case and I still have trouble finding a better case when looking at doing upgrades.
Only in one picture is it even shown, but yes the M1 is by far what I consider pinnacle SFF and if all they did was add 25mm or so to the depth and width to accommodate newer GPUs and called it M2 I'd buy two of them lol

g-unit1111

Titan
How did the Dan A4 not make the list? You can fit a full size GPU and a 240mm cooler in the rig and everything fits beautifully. Not to mention there's a ton of readily available customizations and mods for it, for those who are into that sort of thing. I just built a new rig in this case and I am very pleased with the result.

greenreaper

Honorable
Apr 3, 2018
I built my latest box with the InWin Chopin Max, which supports zero GPU cards - what it's designed for is use with an APU (or anything with integrated graphics in general, which includes almost all of the Ryzen 7000-series as well as Intel's latest). Cooling my 7600 worked well enough with the box fan, but even better with a Noctua NH-L9a-AM5 and the NA-FD1 duct to reach the mesh top - add 64GB DDR5 and it's well within the included 200W Gold PSU.

Reactions: usertests

usertests

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2013
I built my latest box with the InWin Chopin Max, which supports zero GPU cards - what it's designed for is use with an APU (or anything with integrated graphics in general, which includes almost all of the Ryzen 7000-series as well as Intel's latest). Cooling my 7600 worked well enough with the box fan, but even better with a Noctua NH-L9a-AM5 and the NA-FD1 duct to reach the mesh top - add 64GB DDR5 and it's well within the included 200W Gold PSU.
I'll probably go for something like that in the future. Once desktop APUs arrive on AM5, there will be a lot more interest in APU-only builds, and possibly more cases made for it.

One concern I heard is that the Chopin Max PSU is proprietary.

Reactions: greenreaper
Jul 19, 2023
There needs to be more horizontal cases. It seems that would help support heavier parts. My gaming PC is in a horizontal case that fits comfortably on the shelf of my TV stand. A vertical case wouldn't fit under the TV no matter what I did.

greenreaper

Honorable
Apr 3, 2018
I'll probably go for something like that in the future. Once desktop APUs arrive on AM5, there will be a lot more interest in APU-only builds, and possibly more cases made for it.

One concern I heard is that the Chopin Max PSU is proprietary.
Yeah, no standardised form factor would fit in that space - before this I was looking at cases relying on power bricks with wires and suchlike. At least a part of InWin's business is PSUs. The "IP-AD Series C" (IP-AD200C7-2) is currently out of stock at $65 which... isn't great, although they must have some around for warranty purposes. The Series A might be available but is far less efficient.

I'm hopeful that something appealing APU-wise will come along in the next few generations as well. I'm sure this cooler could dissipate more power if it was spread around a little better.

georgebaker437

Honorable
Jan 9, 2019
As an owner of the Phantek Evolv glass side panel case, I can honestly say it is the best looking case I have ever seen. It is absolutely useless in every other way except it's ascetic. Poor use of space, poor storage, poor cooling, poor cable management and absolutely beautiful to look at. Mine sits, empty, in a corner, as an "objet d'art".