Nagalf

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Hi guys,
I want to know what is the best Mobo between:
Gigabyte H87M-D3H
MSI B85-G43 Gaming
ASRock H97M PRO4

I know that one is micro-ATX but no problem.
This is for an intel 4460 and will only have one GPU at a time. The PC is for gaming so i want to know what is best for me between that 3 (they are the same price).
If you guys have some good board even cheaper please tell me.

Thank you guys.

Thanatognomonic

Honorable
Jun 29, 2013
here's a quick summary on most of the intel chipsets and what they "do". : http://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Z87-H87-H81-Q87-Q85-B85-What-is-the-difference-473/

Personally, out of the two, I would go for whats cheapest. You dont require many top quality features (such as CrossFire/SLI) and you won't be overclocking (your CPU doesnt support it.)

With these two factors in mind I'd recommend the MSI-H81M-P33 (http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-h81mp33). It's a basic, but functional board that will do what you want. If you, in the future, plan on upgrading to a i5-4670k/i7-4770k in the future then I would recommend getting a Z87/Z97 motherboard. This will allow you to overclock them CPUs and give you the max "juice" possible from them.

Mattib 050

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
Just compare the features of each motherboard. If you'll be using more than 4 SATA ports, don't go for the B85 one, since it only has 4 SATA 3 ports (2 SATA 2). You might also want to check the number of fan headers and their locations on the boards, so it's easier to manage cables for fans.

I'd just go with whichever one you like the best, in terms of looks, ease of use with your specific build (locations of ports) and whichever manufacturer you prefer. It shouldn't make any difference in terms of performance.

Mattib 050

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
You won't notice any difference between the ethernet ports on the motherboards for normal use (i.e. not a server).

The MSI board should have marginally better audio, due to the different audio codec and completely separate circuitry for the audio. You probably won't notice much difference unless you have a high-end speaker setup.
The main difference between the audio quality for these three is that the MSI board may have slightly less interference because of the separate circuitry. So there should be less background noise at higher volumes.

Nagalf

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Can you from this store http://www.alientech.pt pick a Mobo for me for around 50/60 euros? A h87/97 b85 what you think better form any brand.
I will put an r9 270x or maybe a r9 280x.
I want also 3 fans header on Mobo since my case already come with 3 fans. I dont know how many the MSI Mobo has.
And from the same store if you can chose a case better then Zalman Z5 Plus USB 3.0 and cheaper please tell me.

Nagalf

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

I understand your point, but you think better to spend a little more and get a H97 now because the new CPU or stay with H87?

I like that case but if you have a better one or equal of that and cheaper please tell me.

Mattib 050

Honorable
Nov 24, 2013
By the time you need to upgrade the cpu, upgrading to a broadwell chip with h97 would be useless anyway. Unless you plan on using an m.2 ssd, go for the cheaper h87.

That case is pretty cheap and I can't find anything on that site which is around the same price but better.

Nagalf

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013

Ok so i wont go with the H97 Mobo. Less one to chose :)
But between H87 and B85 what you recomend? I like gigabyte but there is so much H87 to chose and B85 and i dont know what is the best for me for the best price.
Can you help me on that and chose one for me from that store?

TRENDING THREADS