[SOLVED] Best Mobo for 3800x? Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS or X570 Aorus Pro

sautelateacher

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
Dear Experts,

I am planning to go for 3800x but confused with the mobo for this.

Finally, I came down to these two that would be running 128 GB RAM ( Lot of VMs)& atleast 1660 Super GPU (Free time games)

Had you been at my place which one you have opted for? Any other recommendations are welcome as well. Avoiding MSI because of bad experience in past for after sales service.

Anything in Asus & Gigabyte that you can recommend please upto $400

Regards

Solution
Crosshair VIII Hero handsdown. Best VRM, simple yet powerful OC tweak interface. I'm running a 3950X as you can see on my CPUZ validation. And this board is insane. PBO settings alone can reach PPT 395, TDC 255, EDC 230 and ez scalar up to 4x.

So it's more than enough for your 3800X but it does support 128GB DDR4 and the upcoming Zen 3 chips -- literally plug-n-play if you ever decide to upgrade in the future.
Maybe, but when you look on the Gskill configurator page, for 128 GB RAM, they give exactly the same kits for the TUF Gaming X570-PLUS as for the Crosshair.
And Gskill tends to be rather conservative.
The difference with the Aorus is, that for the Asus boards Gskill also proposes 3600 Mhz kits.
For the Aorus 3200 Mhz only

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
Crosshair VIII Hero handsdown. Best VRM, simple yet powerful OC tweak interface. I'm running a 3950X as you can see on my CPUZ validation. And this board is insane. PBO settings alone can reach PPT 395, TDC 255, EDC 230 and ez scalar up to 4x.

So it's more than enough for your 3800X but it does support 128GB DDR4 and the upcoming Zen 3 chips -- literally plug-n-play if you ever decide to upgrade in the future.

Maybe, but when you look on the Gskill configurator page, for 128 GB RAM, they give exactly the same kits for the TUF Gaming X570-PLUS as for the Crosshair.
And Gskill tends to be rather conservative.
The difference with the Aorus is, that for the Asus boards Gskill also proposes 3600 Mhz kits.
For the Aorus 3200 Mhz only

Solution

sautelateacher

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2010
NEER0109

@drivinfast247 because of budget. From 3600xt moved to 3800x, downthe years before the warranty expired would move to an equivalent of 3950x of that time. I also see you are using Trident, is that RGB? Have seen Youtube videos stating Vengeance RGB is better but unable to see if they have RGB Pro is 32 GB single stick

@EridanusSV

Thanks for the recommendation but it is again out of budget. May be in my next build with something 3950x sort of. As of now can max go for Asus E gaming or F gaming depending upon the overall cost of my build. But as of now TUF Gaming Plus or around are in budget.

@Egda

Nice obervation, will see on that too

EridanusSV

Notable
Aug 16, 2020
All Asus X570 has the same/similar VRM that can deliver the same power as the Formula. You can start and end with TUF and you're good to go.

I personally went with the Crosshair VIII for its color, Easy CLEAR CMOS, BIOS Flash, and Realtek/Intel NIC

Hmmm may be in my second RIG. As per the current budget either TUF or Max Strix or Aorus Ultra
And also, as an aside, with 128 GB RAM , don't count to much to be able to run the RAM at it's maximal published speed, if we are talking of high speed (3200 Mhz and above). And that whatever the motherboard.
These high speeds are easily obtainable for a moderate amount of RAM (16 Gb), but with 128 Gb I would not count on it, whatever published for manufacturer.