Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hello, I was looking for a Z77 Mobo to use my Intel Core i5-3570K with, is there any one that has around 6 fan molex connectors? I'm not sure if that's a lot, but the shelf on my desk that my computers going in needs a lot of cooling, oh by the way, I'd like it to be as low as possible thanks! :bounce:

Solution

That PSU has 8 Molex connectors, actually. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139025

1 x Main connector (24Pin)
1 x 8 Pin EPS/ATX12V CPU
8 x Peripheral
8 x SATA
2 x Floppy
4 x PCI-E

The part in bold is the molex...
No board that I know of has molex connectors. They just wouldn't be needed, since the PSU would have those.

All a board would have is 4 pin PWM type fan headers and regular 3 pin headers. Even then, I don't think I've ever seen a board with six of them. That would require at least one splitter, but you may have to do that with the molex type connectors from the PSU too depending on how many molex connectors the PSU has.

G

I've seen in other threads that the speed can be controlled from the motherboard and therefore allow it to be quieter, I'm only asking because while I need cooling, I don't want to be deafened by my fans running 100% all the time.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004H1XXGQ/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00
This is the PSU I've purchased, In the pictures on Amazon, I didn't see any molex connectors on the side (or any connectors really for that matter) This is my first build, so bear with me.

That PSU has 8 Molex connectors, actually. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139025

1 x Main connector (24Pin)
1 x 8 Pin EPS/ATX12V CPU
8 x Peripheral
8 x SATA
2 x Floppy
4 x PCI-E

The part in bold is the molex connectors.

Anyway, any fans that only have molex connectors and are connected to the PSU directly WILL be at 100% all the time (can't be controlled, that's just the way it is), but the fans that you can control are the ones that can be connected to the 4 pin PWM fan headers on the mobo. Hopefully, you'll have a few that are the PWM type and are able to be controlled.

Solution
G

............................................________........................
....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,..................
.............................,.-”...................................“-.,............
.........................,/...............................................”:,........
.....................,?......................................................\,.....
.................../...........................................................,}....
................./......................................................,:`^`..}....
.............../...................................................,:”........./.....
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../.....
............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../........
.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/...........
..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}...........
...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../............
...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../.............
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”...............
............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\...................
.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__...........
,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,....
.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\........................
...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\.......................
................................`:,,...........................`\..............__..
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``.......
........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\...............
...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\..............

I should have read more into that... Thanks for your help DJDeCiBeL.

Status
Not open for further replies.