[SOLVED] Best MOBO for Ryzen 3600

StyleByDark

Reputable
Jun 5, 2016
Hello, I am looking for a b450 or x470 board. I wanted to buy MSI b450 but all of them are sold out on amazon (I have gift card balance).
any other good alternatives for 100-150€?

Solution
I put together my B450 MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC for a Ryzen 3600x today - everything is running great - fantastic mobo with enormous amount of features at a good price.

NB the b450 pro carbon has USB bios flashback whereas the x470 doesnt so if you get the latter you will also need an older ryzen chip to update the bios. With the MSI B450 you simply use a USB key

@227qed maybe you have driver issues hence the crashing. Mine wasnt a clean install I went from Intel mobo and i5-4670k and simply swapped drives - windows booted first time but I had to install all drivers - amd chipset, sound, internet controller, even the graphics drivers
Hello, I am looking for a b450 or x470 board. I wanted to buy MSI b450 but all of them are sold out on amazon (I have gift card balance).
any other good alternatives for 100-150€?
Just about any B450 or X470 board will be fine for a 3600 as they are very power efficient. You can safely concentrate on desired features, aesthetics that suit your tastes. And price: you can safely go cheaper and throw the savings into the GPU, if that's also due for upgrade, to provide much greater benefit to your gaming experience than the money would on a more expensive mobo.

227qed

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015
For what it's worth, I just got a B450 MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC for a Ryzen 3600 and it's not exactly running great. Crashed on me two nights in a row unexpectedly and I've done everything according to MSI's instructions. Researched a lot of B450 and X470 boards for these and it seems like there are still a lot of bugs to work out. I'm considering returning it and going X570, probably at the expense of some features, but it seems worth it for system stability. Just my .02, might save you a future headache to go with an X570 instead.

rumple99

Reputable
May 27, 2019
I put together my B450 MSI Gaming Pro Carbon AC for a Ryzen 3600x today - everything is running great - fantastic mobo with enormous amount of features at a good price.

NB the b450 pro carbon has USB bios flashback whereas the x470 doesnt so if you get the latter you will also need an older ryzen chip to update the bios. With the MSI B450 you simply use a USB key

@227qed maybe you have driver issues hence the crashing. Mine wasnt a clean install I went from Intel mobo and i5-4670k and simply swapped drives - windows booted first time but I had to install all drivers - amd chipset, sound, internet controller, even the graphics drivers

Solution

227qed

Reputable
Jan 24, 2015

Great news, I think I solved my problem using some info found on other threads. I had to set my virtual memory to automatically manage paging file size for all drives (I'm running my OS on an SSD and have a HDD for all my other files). I suspect this option may have been reset when I reinstalled Windows or perhaps the new hardware. Anyways, I was getting some very consistent, repeatable crashing that has now been completely resolved. I'll be running a few more tests (i.e. playing games, but I really don't expect any issues and am super stoked on the performance of the new system. My framerates have essentially tripled in some games from the upgrade from my old core-i5.)

(y)