[SOLVED] Best mobo for ryzen 3700x

Solution
Wll the zotac rtx 2070 super twin fan be a good option?Its one of the cheaper ones.Is zotac a good brand and reliable?First time buying from it have only bought msi before.Thnx for all the help!There is also a gainward phantom gs and some palit cards in a similar price point but i dont know these brands either.The other one is an asus evo dual fan more expensive than the zotac tho.

I have not personally used Gainward or Palit brand GPU's, but over the years have had friends that have. They were more or less OK cards. Nothing overly fantastic about either, though they were a little cheaper in price. The last Zotac card I had was a GTX 460 2GB edition which I bought about 8 years ago. It failed after 5 years and at the time...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Im looking for the best value for money mobo for the 3700x

Hi Kostask5,

This entirely depends on what you want from your mobo. What chipset do you want? The X570's have the newest tech, but are costly. Then there is last gens X470 which is great (I have my 2700X in an AsRock TaiChi X470 and it's been rock solid) then you get further down the spectrum with the x370 (Which will require a Bios update) The same for the B450's. I did a quick search and DMan999 kindly compiled a list back in August.

Take a gander here - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-motherboard-for-3700x.3502242/

Exciting times are ahead of you with that 3700X!

Enjoy.

Reactions: DMAN999

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Hi Kostask5,

This entirely depends on what you want from your mobo. What chipset do you want? The X570's have the newest tech, but are costly. Then there is last gens X470 which is great then you get further down the spectrum with the x370 (Which will require a Bios update) The same for the B450's. I did a quick search and DMan999 kindly compiled a list back in August.

Take a gander here - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-motherboard-for-3700x.3502242/

Exciting times are ahead of you with that 3700X!

Enjoy.
I was thinking for either the b450 msi tomahawk max at 124€ and save some money or go for the x570 aorus elite at 202€

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I was thinking for either the b450 msi tomahawk max at 124€ and save some money or go for the x570 aorus elite at 202€

The Tomahawk Max got pretty good reviews if memory serves. The X570 Aorus Elite has overall good marks as well. Exciting times are ahead.. These are the "fun" hard decisions to make. :) Remember that Ryzen's like Fast RAM, so if you have a limited budget of sorts, get the Tomahawk and pair it with the fastest RAM you can afford.

Let us know what you go with.

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
The Tomahawk Max got pretty good reviews if memory serves. The X570 Aorus Elite has overall good marks as well. Exciting times are ahead.. These are the "fun" hard decisions to make. :) Remember that Ryzen's like Fast RAM, so if you have a limited budget of sorts, get the Tomahawk and pair it with the fastest RAM you can afford.

Let us know what you go with.
The ram im thinking of is gskill ripjawsv ddr4 16gb 3200mhz but its impossible to decide which mobo to get cause i dont know if x570 is worth the money and will perform better than the b450

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
The ram im thinking of is gskill ripjawsv ddr4 16gb 3200mhz but its impossible to decide which mobo to get cause i dont know if x570 is worth the money and will perform better than the b450

Nice RAM brand, (I'm partial to g.skill myself) good amount & decent speed. As for the X570, that is entirely up to you. This link will pretty much answer your questions as to "If" you should get a mobo based around the X570 or if the B450 will do everything you want.

https://www.amd.com/en/chipsets/x570
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/05/27/the-industry-leading-amd-am4-x570-chipset

Either one paired with that 3700X will be great. What GPU do you have?

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Nice RAM brand, (I'm partial to g.skill myself) good amount & decent speed. As for the X570, that is entirely up to you. This link will pretty much answer your questions as to "If" you should get a mobo based around the X570 or if the B450 will do everything you want.

https://www.amd.com/en/chipsets/x570
https://community.amd.com/community/gaming/blog/2019/05/27/the-industry-leading-amd-am4-x570-chipset

Either one paired with that 3700X will be great. What GPU do you have?
Now i have a gtx 980 4gb and im looking to upgrade to an rtx 2070 super but i dont know which brand to go for

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
Now i have a gtx 980 4gb and im looking to upgrade to an rtx 2070 super but i dont know which brand to go for

My 3 favorite GPU brands are EVGA, Zotac & Sapphire. My current GPU is an EVGA 1060 6GB SC which I've had since 2016 and it's still going strong. I've also heard good things about ASUS & MSI but haven't used them for my GPU needs. :) The 2070 S will be a very nice upgrade for you from the 980!

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
My 3 favorite GPU brands are EVGA, Zotac & Sapphire. My current GPU is an EVGA 1060 6GB SC which I've had since 2016 and it's still going strong. I've also heard good things about ASUS & MSI but haven't used them for my GPU needs. :) The 2070 S will be a very nice upgrade for you from the 980!
Wll the zotac rtx 2070 super twin fan be a good option?Its one of the cheaper ones.Is zotac a good brand and reliable?First time buying from it have only bought msi before.Thnx for all the help!There is also a gainward phantom gs and some palit cards in a similar price point but i dont know these brands either.The other one is an asus evo dual fan more expensive than the zotac tho.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

I have not personally used Gainward or Palit brand GPU's, but over the years have had friends that have. They were more or less OK cards. Nothing overly fantastic about either, though they were a little cheaper in price. The last Zotac card I had was a GTX 460 2GB edition which I bought about 8 years ago. It failed after 5 years and at the time, Zotac had Lifetime warranty's (No longer) so they replaced it with a GTX 650Ti. Very smooth claim process and it worked great up until the last sec. The 650Ti they replaced it with is in my daughters PC now and she games on it every day. Had I not gotten such a great deal on my EVGA card, I definitely would have gone with another Zotac.

Let us know which one you get. :)

Solution

kostask5

Honorable
BANNED
Dec 10, 2014
Wll the zotac rtx 2070 super twin fan be a good option?Its one of the cheaper ones.Is zotac a good brand and reliable?First time buying from it have only bought msi before.Thnx for all the help!
I have not personally used Gainward or Palit brand GPU's, but over the years have had friends that have. They were more or less OK cards. Nothing overly fantastic about either, though they were a little cheaper in price. The last Zotac card I had was a GTX 460 2GB edition which I bought about 8 years ago. It failed after 5 years and at the time, Zotac had Lifetime warranty's (No longer) so they replaced it with a GTX 650Ti. Very smooth claim process and it worked great up until the last sec. The 650Ti they replaced it with is in my daughters PC now and she games on it every day. Had I not gotten such a great deal on my EVGA card, I definitely would have gone with another Zotac.

Let us know which one you get. :)
ill propably go with the zotac one and save some money just a bit uncertain if the cooling will be sufficient with two fans

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
ill propably go with the zotac one and save some money just a bit uncertain if the cooling will be sufficient with two fans

Looking at reviews, people are saying it runs decently cool. All comes down to the airflow inside your case/room the case is in. Have a program like MSI Afterburner or Zotac's own Firestorm software running where you can monitor temps &/or manually set your cards fans to be always on at variable speeds, and those 2 fans will keep in running in style.

Reactions: kostask5

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
If you are still trying to decide between a B450/X470 and X570 MB, this thread may help you decide.

I got my 3700x to hit 4.425 GHz single core boost on my Asus ROGH Strix B450-F Gaming.
So good performance is definitely possible on the B450 and X470 boards.