[SOLVED] Best Mobo for Ryzen 5 3400g

z0mbiE

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
I'm putting together a setup for my new PC build. I'm thinking about building a Ryzen setup due to budget issue.

I'm thinking about going for 3400g along with 16 GB of RAM and 500w PSU. Now my concern is which Mobo and cooler mainly the Mobo will be the best for this setup?

And if I can manage a GPU with this then what kind of PSU will I need and which GPU would be the best.

TIA.

Solution
Hi there,

If it were me, I'd be going for a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX. It's one of the better B450's out there, and will compliment your 3400g nicely.

You don't require a 3rd party cooler for your CPU, as it already comes with a bundled one, which is perfect for the CPU, and even allows a small bit of overclocking headroom (not much mind you).

If you are happy to game at low to medium settings, the the APU on the 3400g is actually very capable, and will give you basic gaming on most new titles.

Depending on what res your monitor is, you might be looking at a Radeon 5600xt or Nvidia 1660ti/2060 to pair with the CPU when you have cash down the line.

However, I would suggest going for a Ryzen 5 3600 in stead of the 3400g, and just...
Hi there,

If it were me, I'd be going for a MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX. It's one of the better B450's out there, and will compliment your 3400g nicely.

You don't require a 3rd party cooler for your CPU, as it already comes with a bundled one, which is perfect for the CPU, and even allows a small bit of overclocking headroom (not much mind you).

If you are happy to game at low to medium settings, the the APU on the 3400g is actually very capable, and will give you basic gaming on most new titles.

Depending on what res your monitor is, you might be looking at a Radeon 5600xt or Nvidia 1660ti/2060 to pair with the CPU when you have cash down the line.

However, I would suggest going for a Ryzen 5 3600 in stead of the 3400g, and just waiting until you have a discrete GPU to add to it. The 3600 is a far superior CPU than the 3400g, and paired with one of those cards above would be a beast at 1080p ultra settings gaming.

Solution

z0mbiE

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
Hi there,

However, I would suggest going for a Ryzen 5 3600 in stead of the 3400g, and just waiting until you have a discrete GPU to add to it. The 3600 is a far superior CPU than the 3400g, and paired with one of those cards above would be a beast at 1080p ultra settings gaming.
Thanks for information.

z0mbiE

Reputable
Oct 23, 2019
I was thinking about a setup which doesn't include the 3400g.

Ryzen 5 3500x
Asus TUF B450M-PLUS
16 GB of Trident Z RAM
Zotac 1660 Super

Now I'm confused which cooler and what PSU should I buy. :')

Hmmm. I don't think you can get the 3500x retail. I may be wrong. Either way I'd still suggest the 3600. For the price difference it's worth it.

The cooler that comes with each AMD CPU's are really good. If you don't intend to OC, then sticking with the stock cooler is a good choice. And with a 3600 you don't really need to OC. You just let PBO do it's magic for best performance. There is very little OC headroom with Zen 2 CPU's.

A decent 550w PSU will do you fine. EVGA G3, Corsair RMx/RMi/TXM, Seasonic Focus plus Gold.

TRENDING THREADS