Best (Modem) Router for Gaming and constant bandwidth load (Wired)

BudMaister

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016
Hi guys, I would like to know what is the best router (and also modem if possible) to use with a wired connection, especially for gaming, with a constant load of the bandwidth (both upload and download). Price is not a problem (except 5000$ super business stuff).

I look forward to see some answers. :)

Thank you!

The router and modem are seldom a bottleneck for any game. A online game is designed to run very small internet connections. Most require under 500kbps up and down. I would be extremely surprised to find a router that can not exceed that easily. Mostly the differences in routers is the wireless and you should not be using that for gaming anyway.

BudMaister

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

Sorry being non-native maybe I explained myself in the wrong way. I need it for gaming AND for heavy bandwidth load (constant upload and constant download). So not only for the game data exchange but also for 50-100 Mbps in down and up very often. For both work and entertainment (cloud upload, personal download, streaming, ecc.). I need a router that excels in both things, via wired connection. I've been using a TP-Link TD-W9980 and was not amazing. Sometimes it crashed after a day or two of heavy usage. I had to reboot it. Not even the local network was working fine anymore. I won't use WiFi for any of the two things (gaming and constant bandwidth load).

You are not going to have much selection based on your current router you listed. To get speed of 50-100m with dsl you must have a VDSL connection. There are not a huge number of routers that have that feature.

In general TPlink makes pretty good devices so it may be just your particular one is defective or maybe a bug in the firmware that you can fix with a upgrade. Most manufacture only have 1 or 2 routers with vdsl modems. All you can really do is try one of the other large providers like asus or netgear or a couple others, each only has 1 or 2 options. You want to avoid "value" brands like belkin or buffalo or many of the other unknown routers.

BudMaister

Commendable
Mar 3, 2016

The modem/router that I mentioned and that I am using it's a VDSL2/ADSL2+ device, I currently have a 100/30 Vdsl connection where I live. I don't have speed problems or connectivity issues while it works but looks like that when I really load this device (like after 24+ hours of constant upload/download) it "crashes". After I reboot it does work well for an other 1-2 days then the problem comes back again. I tried to reset to factory settings, to update the firmware, to tune the settings. Nothing. When I bought this it was slightly cheaper than the Asus and Netgear models with same specs. Looking for info on the internet seemed that I am not the only one with this problem among people who own a TP-Link modem/router with this chipset.