Best Monitor for ~£300

Davebruno

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
I'm looking for a monitor atm, I just got my pc all up and running and currently only have my console gaming monitor (BenQ RL2455HM) this is only 60Hz but is otherwise a decent monitor but primarality its a console monitor.

I was going to go for the Asus VG 144Hz 3D monitor but after reading about G-Sync I was wondering if it would be worth the extra to go for G-sync but really looking at the options the Asus has 3D built in and incredible response and input lag times so I just thought I would ask people who knew more than me to see their input!

My setup is:

i7 4790K
970 GTX (Gigabyte G1)
1866hz 16GB Corsair Vengence Ram
Asus Hero VII motherboard
H100i Water Cooler

I plan on getting another 970 GTX for SLI and also considering a 3 monitor setup but thats the other thing; Will 3 different monitors (the BenQ + 1 144Hz Gaming monitor + possibly and IPS or 4K screen) work well together if I go for same size and ajustable stands to match them up or will they need to be same Hz, native resolution & response times?

Additonally if there is a good chance there will be price drops/teething issues or any reason waiting a few months might benefit me I am happy to wait as I want this setup to be a good buy that lasts a while!

Thanks for any input!

Dave

Solution
Well, the main difference between TN and IPS is the better color reproduction (of IPS screens). If you're a fan of great color, IPS would be your choice. I would personally go with the higher resolution IPS monitor, but if you have never used an IPS panel, you might like TN just fine. In that case, I would recommend this:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Eizo FG2421-BK 240Hz 23.5" Monitor (£299.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £299.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-31 13:00 GMT+0000
Well, the main difference between TN and IPS is the better color reproduction (of IPS screens). If you're a fan of great color, IPS would be your choice. I would personally go with the higher resolution IPS monitor, but if you have never used an IPS panel, you might like TN just fine. In that case, I would recommend this:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Monitor: Eizo FG2421-BK 240Hz 23.5" Monitor (£299.59 @ Overclockers.co.uk)
Total: £299.59
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-12-31 13:00 GMT+0000

Solution

Davebruno

Reputable
Nov 24, 2014
Going to wait for Acer to release its competition for the Swift and see if it brings down the 2k G-Sync Monitors to something I can justify..

Thanks for the help!

Dave