[SOLVED] Best monitor for xbox series s

Nov 2, 2021
Looking for a 1440p 1ms 144-240hz GSYNC ips monitor that preferably has the 2.1 HDMI port that everyone's talking about. I bought an 144hz ASUS monitor years ago that, I later learned, was capped at 60hz the entire time. I paid the high price tag because it was 144hz, and it never ran at that speed.

Yes. This information should come on the box. Yes. You all should try and spread the knowledge that, if you play on console, you will have to have an "up to date" laptop or CPU, that's compatible with your monitor, or else you wont be able to change the main settings on the monitor. I ended up playing on a 1080p, for years, capped at 60hz. Truly a crime to gamers everywhere.

So, knowing this, what monitor comes ready to go, with all these features I mentioned? Not one where ill have to go by a laptop, just to get it to do all the things it says it does on the box. Any help would be appreciated.

For running with an XBox it is limited to 1440p 120Hz. However with a Series S I’d go 1080p. Even the Series X struggles to keep FPS at >100 at 1440p. In Cold War I took to running my Series X at 1080p 120Hz even though it is hooked up to a 4K 120Hz TV just to get more consistent FPS.

I’m not aware of a 1440p monitor with HDMI 2.1. There might be one but I’ve not seen it. I’ve only seen it on 4K high Hz monitors.

Nov 2, 2021
For running with an Xbox it is limited to 1440p 120Hz. However with a Series S I’d go 1080p. Even the Series X struggles to keep FPS at >100 at 1440p. In Cold War I took to running my Series X at 1080p 120Hz even though it is hooked up to a 4K 120Hz TV just to get more consistent FPS.

I’m not aware of a 1440p monitor with HDMI 2.1. There might be one but I’ve not seen it. I’ve only seen it on 4K high Hz monitors.

I appreciate you responding. I currently play on 1080p, and wanted the upgrade in graphics. Really the only reason why I'm looking for something new. Honestly, this is why I got the series s. For quality improvements. To be able to have better graphics, and be able to play at 120 fps. And if I don't need the 2.1, forget about it. What monitor would be best?

I appreciate you responding. I currently play on 1080p, and wanted the upgrade in graphics. Really the only reason why I'm looking for something new. Honestly, this is why I got the series s. For quality improvements. To be able to have better graphics, and be able to play at 120 fps. And if I don't need the 2.1, forget about it. What monitor would be best?
I know this one comes out well for price/performance

https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gp850-b

You will only be able to use 120Hz as it’s a limit of XBox’s.