Best, most reliable CPU brand!!

Solution

Both AMD and Intel are equally great. AMD is more on the price to performance side but there are some good i5 cpu's that are not expensive.Intel uses hyper-threading, which means the threads serve as a simulated core.AMD have no hyper-threading equivalent, so only same no of threads as cores.
I have no idea what i have written . Hope it clears tho
You'd be advised to do your research carefully; don't fall into the 'more cores *AND* more MHz* trap of thinking that you must be getting extra performance/value for your money with AMD-based rigs.....

Normally, even the i3 will best AMD rigs (clocked 1 GHz higher) with 2x or 3x the core count in most applications/gaming benchmarks...

matt4x4

Reputable
Oct 6, 2014
So the quad core is only good for the video editing, graphics enterpirse guys?
The site I go to they have a filter, and I see 16 core cpu's. Man if you got the money you can spend a ton of it. Even the DDR4 ram is expensive.
I was looking at cheap motherboards, cpus and ram for next years upgrade when the new microsoft o/s comes out, I am looking at $100 a piece for each. Also looking at the CrossFire mobos, very interesting stuff. I cant believe I am getting back into it again, always loved computer hardware, never liked software programming much.

No, because you will want a quad core for any decent gaming rig. Actually pretty much any decent pc will have a quad core nowadays. But a dual core might beat a quad core. As mentioned, it is much more complicated than number of cores and ghz. First and foremost would be cpu architecture. Although if you are looking for a pc, you'd really need to have a purpose and budget before anything. Even if the software is multithreaded, more cores may not mean better performance. You can check tom's charts for how they perform in certain software. http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/cpu-charts-2013/benchmarks,140.html You can find benchmarks are other software elsewhere on google but you need to be a bit careful if it's not from reputable sources. Tom's also has a gaming hierarchy chart for cpus as well as gpus. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html In either case, reliability is irrelevant. Cpus are probably the least likely component to die.

BigBadBeef

Admirable

No, its doesn't work that way too, you need to tell us the total amount of money you have, because you cannot expect to throw an even amount of money into each component and then expect it to work well.

If tyres and engines in cars don't cost the same, why the hell would it be different in computers?

eric16sv

Reputable
May 10, 2014

Both AMD and Intel are equally great. AMD is more on the price to performance side but there are some good i5 cpu's that are not expensive.Intel uses hyper-threading, which means the threads serve as a simulated core.AMD have no hyper-threading equivalent, so only same no of threads as cores.
I have no idea what i have written . Hope it clears tho

Solution