Question Best motherboard for €1,000?

HarryBoylan15

Prominent
Feb 6, 2021
Hi y'all! I'm building a new PC with a 12900k and a 3080. What would be the best motherboard to go for? I've got €1k to spend. All suggestions are appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
"€1k " is pretty outlandish for just the motherboard. And absolutely NOT needed.

Reactions: kurdtnz

HarryBoylan15

Prominent
Feb 6, 2021
You're right, 1k is overkill, please excuse my ignorance I haven't done my research yet I have probably the best cpu out there rn and one of the best gpu's so I want to get a mobo that can allow me to get the very best out of them. I'll be using it for playing comp, programming and some streaming. Maybe even some video editing. I just don't want to leave myself short for any of those areas, I want it to be able to perform at the top level in all of those areas. I am aware those tasks aren't the most demanding on a PC but I do like to get the best of the best when I'm upgrading, within reason of course.

USAFRet

Titan
I'll be using it for playing comp, programming and some streaming. Maybe even some video editing
All of which is done by a $150 motherboard. Leaving no performance on the table.

A PC is designed and built as a system. To an overall budget and performance point.

So...

All the OTHER desired parts in this thing, and your overall budget.
And don't say "price is no object", because then things just get silly.

Reactions: kurdtnz
So what motherboard would you recommend then?

There are dozens of candidates. You might get an onslaught of recommendations.

Sort among them based on your most important requirements, which might include, among others:

Number of M.2 ports

Number of SATA ports.

Number of chassis fan headers

Number of RAM slots.

Onboard LAN and audio provider and details.

Reliability and freedom from issues after the purchase.

You can easily investigate all candidates and develop a check list for all of the above specifications.

Except for the last one. Reliability.

It's the most important one and the one over which you have very little if any control.

So, look forward to crossing your fingers and hoping REAL hard.

Reactions: HarryBoylan15

HarryBoylan15

Prominent
Feb 6, 2021
There are dozens of candidates. You might get an onslaught of recommendations.

Sort among them based on your most important requirements, which might include, among others:

Number of M.2 ports

Number of SATA ports.

Number of chassis fan headers

Number of RAM slots.

Onboard LAN and audio provider and details.

Reliability and freedom from issues after the purchase.

You can easily investigate all candidates and develop a check list for all of the above specifications.

Except for the last one. Reliability.

It's the most important one and the one over which you have very little if any control.

So, look forward to crossing your fingers and hoping REAL hard.

Thank you, this has been very helpful I'm doing my research on all those mobo components now.