[SOLVED] Best motherboard for my comp?

Jan 16, 2021
Hello guys, lately i've been having problems with my MOTHERBOARD ( B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ) and, eventually, I'll be getting a refund as it doesn't work.
I've the following build:

MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x 2 (CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: AMD Radeon 5600 xt
PSU: TX6550M (80+ gold)

I was searching online to see what other mobas i could buy, but I'm getting a bit lost x)
Can I buy a MSI B550-A PRO or would it be a waste or gve problem, as my cpu belongs to the 2nd generation?
For what I understood, an X470 Gaming plus would be better than a B450, but as I only have one M.2 and one only GPU, I better buy the B450, right?

Last not for importance, do I stay stick with the B450 Tomahawk Max or try something better?
Thanks in advance ^^'

Solution
i've had no problems with my GB B450 Arous Pro

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/43...tx-am4-motherboard-b450-aorus-pro-wifi-rev-10

i've got 3 systems in my house with this mobo and not had any issues with it. just works out of the box with the cpu and had no problems with 3600 ram xmp profile. i've got a 3600, 3600x and a 3700x system with this mobo and nothing to complain about :)

i have not seen anything to suggest that the 550 or 470/570 chipset is better for the cpu. only thing it brings really is pcie 4 if you plan on overspending for those storage drives. otherwise you get little for the extra cash. but of course if you find one on sale for a great price, no reason to avoid it.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
i've had no problems with my GB B450 Arous Pro

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/43...tx-am4-motherboard-b450-aorus-pro-wifi-rev-10

i've got 3 systems in my house with this mobo and not had any issues with it. just works out of the box with the cpu and had no problems with 3600 ram xmp profile. i've got a 3600, 3600x and a 3700x system with this mobo and nothing to complain about :)

i have not seen anything to suggest that the 550 or 470/570 chipset is better for the cpu. only thing it brings really is pcie 4 if you plan on overspending for those storage drives. otherwise you get little for the extra cash. but of course if you find one on sale for a great price, no reason to avoid it.

Reactions: Kotaro Trent
Solution