[SOLVED] Best Motherboard for Overclocking?

Feb 13, 2020
Hello,

I was wondering what everyone's opinions would be on the best motherboard for overclocking both a CPU and RAM. I was originally thinking about the Asus Maximus XI Hero but seeing some people criticise the VRAM on that board I was thinking of going with a different one, such as the MSI MEG Z390 ACE. What are your thoughts? It would be paired up with an i7-9700K. My budget is flexible.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Solution
You are refering to the VRMs wich in short are the circuitry on your motherboard that provides the power supply for your cpu. And you are right they are important if you want to overclock your 9700k @ 5.2gh. Both Aorus Master z390 and rog maximus x formula z390(the Infineon mosfets variant) have served me well in that manner. MSI MEG Z390 ACE is an excellent piece of hardware as well and imho it really boils down to your preferred BIOS enviroment.
Feb 12, 2020
You are refering to the VRMs wich in short are the circuitry on your motherboard that provides the power supply for your cpu. And you are right they are important if you want to overclock your 9700k @ 5.2gh. Both Aorus Master z390 and rog maximus x formula z390(the Infineon mosfets variant) have served me well in that manner. MSI MEG Z390 ACE is an excellent piece of hardware as well and imho it really boils down to your preferred BIOS enviroment.

Solution