Best Motherboards (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splas0rr

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
This is aprils fool thing or? Seriously are you the naive that you wont look very partial towards certain brands ?
You. can ban me or whatever fits .
How is it even possible to NOT include the most premium X99 motherboard ever made ASUS Rampage V Extreme Edition 10?
Just to state the obvious ASUS have several awesome X99 boards .
Its sad Thomas i really like ur reviews but this is just to much if ur making a best of conclusion it should include the woulds leading and biggest manufacturer of motherboards?

Eliad Buchnik

Honorable
Apr 10, 2017
as said before it seems this article is well biased towards some brands while completely ignoring other branda in some instances.
for instance Asus has some great mobo if not the best in the x99 platform 2 of them are the ROG rampage V edition 10 and the x99-E-10G WS . i think that at least they would worth a mention and there are few great EVGA mobo that are not mentioned that for sure would make it to the list , if you want to have a professional reviewer site name, you have to be more balanced list from brands and price points and not put 3 low budget x99 mobo when this platform at first is not intend for budget builds but more of performance/power users/professional goals, not saying that budget or bang for the buck is bad but x99 you should be more focused on power and features then the cheapest mobo that would do the job and give me little features on the way.

As others have mentioned, I find it odd that almost every board comes from MSI, Gigabyte, and ASRock. The only Asus boards here are for AMD sockets, and the Asus RoG Maximus IX Hero.

What's worse is that the majority of these have false 4-pin fan headers. Some fans and nearly all water pumps are not compatible with these headers. Pumps and fans with magnetic bearings can be damaged by these false headers if a consumer believes that any 4-pin header is PWM capable. Considering how expensive those can get, this isn't exactly a trivial detail.

Asus is the only manufacturer that I've seen consistently implement full 4-pin headers on their boards. If their fan headers are 4-pin, you can count on them being PWM capable.

Is this not considered when determining the value of a board?

enorl76

Honorable
Apr 25, 2017
The interface for scrolling left/right on that table REALLY SUCKS GUYS.

You only respond to mousebutton release to invoke scroll. Should respond to mouseclick(down) and setTimeout for 500ms and then keep scrolling until mousebutton release. setTimeout to keep checking that mouse is still inbounds.

Also, test for mousebutton hold and drag for panning. There's probably a library out there for this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.