Best Motherboards (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenvy

Honorable
Apr 4, 2018
When will this article be updated? It still features h170 motherboards and none of the 300 series besides the super expensive one.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
We're rolling out reviews for the H370 now, but they only make the list if they get awarded so it's hard to say how many will be there in future months...0 more? 3 more?

QuickRick

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
These are the "BEST"? Hells bells, my old ASRock Z77 extreme9 board had 7 PCIe slots and 5 of 'em were 3.0 x 16. And I use them! What could I do with a "Best" MoBo that only has 1 or 2 or even 3 slots??? Not very good - certainly NOT BEST!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Everything you said is irrelevant for the following reasons:
1.) We've already removed Z77 boards from this series due to its end-of-life status. Z170 is coming down soon for the same reason.
2.) "Best Of" is an award showcase, and ASRock never sent us a review sample of the board you described so it was never even reviewed, let alone awarded.
3.) Not every form factor supports three double-slot graphics cards
4.) Your report isn't completely honest, since only four of those slots can be active at a time, and only in x8. The fifth slot is only active when the other four aren't being used. You're catching a break here because you got that directly from ASRock marketing.
5.) We have boards on the second page with even higher-bandwidth slot configurations, such as x8/x8/x16/x8, and those don't need a PCIe hub to make that claim.

But given your ability to overemphasize your product, I'm going to guess you'd make a pretty good salesman.

May 7, 2018
In my personal opinion and experiences Best Intel motherboard is Z370 Aorus and Best budget Intel motherboard: MSI B250M it's ideal for a one-and-done build.

Status
Not open for further replies.