Best Motherboards For The Money: October 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

logainofhades

Titan
Will be glad to see more 1151 boards added to this list. I could never suggest a non SLI Z170 board, except when they are priced the same, or cheaper than and H170 board. I know UK pricing was like that, quite often, on certain Z97 boards vs H97.

Lord Carmine

Reputable
Nov 9, 2015
come one guys...Gigabyte Z170 is the best Motherboard.. what about ROG Maximus VIII Hero not to mention the Recent Ultimate badass ROG Maximus VIII Extreme..
I am sure its bang for buck... but you guys need to categorize.. at least with that ssd review there was a mention of budget pick and performance pick
the word top does not mean anything when it has got the cheapest item,..
just constructive criticism,,, and highly value your reviews and recommendations

logainofhades

Titan

To be fair, they have not done a lot of reviews on 1151 boards, yet. Such things take time.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
The ASUS A88X -Pro listed in the wrong cat.
The Graphics Boost which can be set by MB switch or in SW can provide the '30%' boost to non K APUs as well.

nayrnayr1

Reputable
Aug 8, 2015

There are quite a lot more than 4 Intel motherboards.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Note that for this month's update I have added >ATX (followed by the size) to form factor. This is to differentiate between oversized ATX boards (generally 10.5 to 10.7 inches deep) and true EATX boards (13" deep). And the reason for that differentiation is because I've seen cases designed specifically for these boards fail in the market, because they're not labeled EATX.

A case doesn't need to support a 13" board to support a 10.7" board.

Status
Not open for further replies.