Darkzaol

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
Hi folks
I want to buy a new mouse, and don't know what is the most optimal for my case, I play alot of dota games, like dota2, league of legends and some Diablo3 something like this, and eventually like 2, 3 times a week for not getting bored from dota games ,I play fps like MW3,CS,and BF so what i need to know is a good mouse of overall specs o is great in more like for the 2 types of game I play, have a nice durability in the buttons because of the massive clicks, and a good specs in fps games, can some one get me like 2 or 3 mouses to choose some, dont have limit budget, and the optimal mouse mat for that mouse too .

Tys

in general... any mouse will work.

the most important thing is comfort. find a mouse that fits your hand and grip style.

led mice are often recommended but if you do not have the habit of lifting the mouse off the mat then laser mice are also okay.

800-1200dpi is fine. even if you buy a mouse capable of higher dpi you should set it lower to avoid jitters.

you can ignore polling if you will be using a ps/2 port (usb to ps/2 adapter). you should be using this port if you have one. it turns it from polling for a response to force interrupt on response which is a much better way of doing it.

for gaming mice the logitech g series mice are often recommended and logitech normally offers good products. the razer series of mice also are often recommended and aren't bad but do have a few faults. i use the deathadder myself. the rubber coating they use however is a dust magnet and you can only use water or inert liquid to clean it or it will get sticky.

any office mouse will work as well.

as far as mouspads go... dont believe the hype. you dont need a $40 mousepad. a $5-10 rubberfoam mat with a cloth top will work fine. avoid fancy designs and go with a plain black or solid color top.

i've outplayed people on "gaming" equipment using a cheap $5 optical mouse and a free mousepad. trust me when i say that you really cannot believe everything you hear from the rants of so called "pro gamers" or "extreme gamers".

Darkzaol

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012

Tys for the information, i will do as you say

nin-ha

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
If you look on Slickdeals.net they have a Logitech G300 for $10. I have the G500 and I love the thing. If you want gaming mouse but don't want to spend that much, I'd give the G300 a try. It's only $10 bucks so why not?

cutley7ad

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
I don't know much about mouses but I always prefer the ones that are connected to usb ports. Mouse wires take place and are so uncomfortable

All mice these days connect to USB ports, I think you meant "wireless" mice.

I agree, I'd rather use a wireless mouse also.

even if a mouse has a usb port you can still hook it up to a ps/2 port via an adapter. this is generally accepted as the best way due to the force interrupt operation.

i agree that wireless mice are nice however one must live with the downsides such as limited battery life and (arguably not very much) input lag.

I use 2 mice, Logitech Performance MX (wireless) and more recently a Logitech G500 mouse. I find the the Performance MX is extremely good for everyday use and even for playing games. battery life is somewhat short though since it only uses a single AA Sanyo Eneloop rechargeable battery. For intensive gaming where you are constantly using the mouse it might last you 20 - 24 hours on a full charge of usage. Recharging the battery is not really a big deal since you can still use the mouse when charging with the USB cable. However, I also own other AA Sanyo Eneloop chargeable batteries and a charger so battery life is of little consequence to me.

I purchased the G500 for a change of pace since I was using the Performance MX for over 2 years (gotta buy another one when I see it for $50 - $60). It's a wired mouse and slightly less input lag. I bought it since it's weight can be adjusted and it has buttons to change the DPI on the fly in games. Useful for sniper shots.

The Logitech G700 is the wireless version of the G500 with around 13 buttons I think. I was originally considering it, but I opted for the G500 since I really don't need all those buttons.

nin-ha

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
Like Jaguar I used to use two mice as well. I had the Logitech MX1100 which I believe is the older version of the Performance MX. I loved that mouse. It had a great ergonomic feel to it and since it's relatively old, technologically speaking, you may be able to find one for a very pretty price. It runs on two AAs though so be ready to spend some money on batteries. Again like Jaguar, I have the G500 as well. It's my main mouse now. I haven't gone back to my MX1100 since. I do a lot of gaming so its higher DPI and less input lag is nice. The extra thumb button is also a plus. I got the MX1100 for $30 and the G500 for $35 so keep your eye out for any deals. If the Performance is the newer version of the MX1100 then I'd highly recommend it even without trying it. The G700 is also nice but $100 for a mouse is somewhat overkill in my opinion.