best nas under 250 dollar

Purpose: pc backup, im a student and I am aware that there is that 0.1% it might happen.

2tb would be enough , 3 would be great..

but if there isnt any good 3tb nas I will take the 2tb instead.

I saw this one : https://www.amazon.com/Cloud-Home-Personal-Storage-WDBVXC0040HWT-NESN/dp/B076D1YV7T/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1527030879&sr=8-3&keywords=western%2Bdigital%2Bnas&dpID=41vybOqD6YL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

but I saw also this synology : https://www.amazon.com/Synology-bay-DiskStation-DS115j-Diskless/dp/B00MO6ZV52/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1527030946&sr=8-1&keywords=DS115j&dpID=31mVmNgLelL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

and I could pop in a wd red 2tb or seagaste ironwolf 2tb, but im not sure that is worth the extra +- 60 dollars.

prices might vary in the netherlands

if thats worth the extra money , I do it:) Idm to work a day more

Hi superninja12 . Just wanted to share with you the data sheet and manual of the IronWolf drive. This drive also comes with Health Management included which will monitor the drive itself and give you a warning if something should happen.
Let us know if we can answer any questions; we're here to help and no matter what you choose, we thank you for considering Seagate.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
Are you talking like a "restore" backup, or backing up media and files, etc?

If it's just a 'windows backup' I would personally go with a decent external SDD solution and hook it up when you need to backup, put it somewhere "secure" (lol). NAS sits on all the time. It's best usage is a situation where you have lots of user accessed files that you want to stay the same, media to share, view, listen to, etc. NAS go from super basic systems on up. I recommend finding something that allows mirroring and is fan cooled if you go that route.

thank you kindly Seagate_surfer for recommanding a hard drive.
Im a big forum user and this is the first time I see someone from seagate stepping out to help me(or someone else) with my nas problem(WD hasn't done that).

I will go with kanewolf his synology suggestion with an ironwolf HDD

thanks punkkat but I want to backup my whole pc so im going for a nas

TRENDING THREADS