[SOLVED] Best newish games for a poor internet connection?

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
I am looking to get back into gaming and realize I don't want my enjoyment to be tied to a high speed internet connection and interactions with people from all over the world. My internet can be spotty at times, but even when it is running good I want to be able to deal with screaming kids or let the dog out without some punk killing me while I am away from the screen. I also don't want a "free" pay to win game. I want to buy a game, install it, and have some fun.

what are my options?

Solution
-Prototype 1 (8GB's) and 2 (10GB's) , From my opinion can be repetitive sometimes,
-Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance (25GB's)
-Mafia Trilogy, Mafia 1 3GB's, Mafia 2 (10GB's), Mafia 3 (50GB's)
- Driver Games, but I highly recommend Driver Parallel lines (3GB's), Cause older Driver and Driver 2 are pretty lame in graphics also and for PS1
-Wolfenstein, Also I recommend the older titles, they are awesome!,
-Dying light 40GB's
-Just cause 2 10GB and probably 3 above 30GB.
-Mad Max 30GB
-Besiege, An game of building an siege to complete the level, also has sandbox and cool stuff in workshop,
-Dark Souls Trilogy (If you have nerves and time to complete the game, I have never finished it "Shame on me")
-Dishonored 1 and 2,
-Homefront...

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
Mainly single player; unstable internet connection (wifi hotspot) and the need to pause the action to take care of life.
I'm also through with grinding away killing pigs on WoW

ikaz

Distinguished
Well there lots of games the biggest issue you will have is probably downloading the game to start most newest game from big name dev's will be several Gigs in size even if you buy psychically copy day one patches are still large and sometime basically full game. So the next question is what type of games do you like to play ?

groo

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
unstable, not slow. I can sometimes stream on 3 or more screens, other times I can't load a page before something times-out.
as far as type, several types. I was thinking Fallout '76, but that is an online game, so probably going to give it a pass. I might play some of the older ones in the series though. I enjoyed Witcher1, so might try #3. Looks like there are quite a few rehashes of the old title I remember. I guess I've been out of it for awhile and only saw the MMORGs (or whatever it is) in popular culture. I was afraid that everything was going on-line. These links have put those fears to rest. Thanks.

-Prototype 1 (8GB's) and 2 (10GB's) , From my opinion can be repetitive sometimes,
-Metal Gear Rising:Revengeance (25GB's)
-Mafia Trilogy, Mafia 1 3GB's, Mafia 2 (10GB's), Mafia 3 (50GB's)
- Driver Games, but I highly recommend Driver Parallel lines (3GB's), Cause older Driver and Driver 2 are pretty lame in graphics also and for PS1
-Wolfenstein, Also I recommend the older titles, they are awesome!,
-Dying light 40GB's
-Just cause 2 10GB and probably 3 above 30GB.
-Mad Max 30GB
-Besiege, An game of building an siege to complete the level, also has sandbox and cool stuff in workshop,
-Dark Souls Trilogy (If you have nerves and time to complete the game, I have never finished it "Shame on me")
-Dishonored 1 and 2,
-Homefront Revolution, Somewhat good shooter,
-Saints row, who can forget that? There are atleast 5 games if im right.
-BRAINS!!!!!!, Dead Rising and Dead Island
-Crysis Trilogy
-Dark Siders , Dark Siders 2 and 3 is coming out now soon, 16 hours of gameplay per game.
-Assassins creed Black Flag is good one,
-Mass Effect Trilogy, You can transfer your character from 1st game to second and on.
-Hitman games,
-Total war,
-Need for speed Underground 2 I recommend as well as Most Wanted and Carbon
-Metro 2033/Last Light/Redux
-Far Cry 3 + Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (This is an extra game with Far Cry 3 as DLC)
-Crysis Trilogy
-Call of Duty Series , mostly i've played them up to COD WW2 and the black ops , nothing else, but stories are soo short.... Soo kinda not recommended to buy

I highly suggest you if you wanna good deal from gaming, buy yourself an PS2 (working) and an God of War games, You will have fun like nobody else.
-I hope the games list is kinda good, cause I've played massivley much more games than you think, sadly cannot remember.
Well if you want me to continue update it sure.

Most of games arent above 8-10GB's some exception are 15GB's.

Solution