[SOLVED] Best non-gaming GPU for 4k support

danyyys

Honorable
Jul 4, 2015
My motherboard is GA-Z87-HD3 and I have a 27" 4k Samsung monitor (and 1080 24" as the second monitor). I like to upgrade my graphic card so I can have 4k on my main screen. I am not a gamer and usually use my device for virtualisation, graphic design and watching films.
What graphic card would suit this spec? I would not spend so much on it as I would not want it for gaming.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
My motherboard is GA-Z87-HD3 and I have a 27" 4k Samsung monitor (and 1080 24" as the second monitor). I like to upgrade my graphic card so I can have 4k on my main screen. I am not a gamer and usually use my device for virtualisation, graphic design and watching films.
What graphic card would suit this spec? I would not spend so much on it as I would not want it for gaming.

Thanks in advance.
A GTX 1650 would be fine if you can find one.

Thanks in advance.
A GTX 1650 would be fine if you can find one.

Solution

Thanks in advance.
I was considering 1660 Super but reading reviews online people say 4k gaming is impossible on 1660.

I dont understand, you want to game or not? Because if it is only movies even gt 1030 can play flawlessly 4k videos, if you want to game at 4k then rtx 3090 or 3080 to get over 60 fps in all games, make up your mind what you want.

Thanks in advance.
Your mobo supports one hdmi with 4k at 24FPS and the iGPU of any haswell CPU is capable of doing that.

Netflix 4k won't work on the iGPU though but anything else that's not a game including watching 4k movies from blueray/disk should work.

Reactions: danyyys
I dont understand, you want to game or not? Because if it is only movies even gt 1030 can play flawlessly 4k videos, if you want to game at 4k then rtx 3090 or 3080 to get over 60 fps in all games, make up your mind what you want.
I dont know about netflix but on youtube you can play with small stutters even 8k 60 fps videos with gt 1030, got one in my server for video output only and i was amazed by its power in video playback.

Reactions: danyyys

danyyys

Honorable
Jul 4, 2015
No I dont want gaming. But I dont know what graphic card I need to play usual 4k content. As an example, someone just said minimum 1050ti is required for Netflix. But YouTube 4k is fine on iGPU. So what would be a standard that supports normal use..