Best Non-Heavy Helm

I've been looking for a good, preferably unique helm in Morrowind.
I've gotten the Bearclaw Helm and a few of the unique Deadric helms,
but nothing that goes with my character's idiom. Anybody run across
anything interesting?

mathilda wrote:
> I've been looking for a good, preferably unique helm in Morrowind.
> I've gotten the Bearclaw Helm and a few of the unique Deadric helms,
> but nothing that goes with my character's idiom. Anybody run across
> anything interesting?

I like the Helm of Bear Scent myself - it's in Solstheim. It features
unique appearance, good protection, and a rather useful enhantment.

Your opinion may vary, of course...

What is your character's idiom? It might help us to make recommendations.

PB

> Your opinion may vary, of course...

This kind of projections are very nice....
My advize: Walk only backwarts (with your back to the future) and use no
helm but only the Temreki and not for flighting but to impresse the whole
gang.
You will notice after some days that your completely the boss
because.....nobody has that kind of behaviour.

pieter

Right now he's wearing Cuirass of Saviors Hide, Orcish greave, Boots of
Blinding Speed, Dark Brotherhood pauldrons, Marksman Shield (from
marksman mod), and left dark brotherhood bracer. Everything except the
marksman shield is black/brown color scheme (no glo is installed). The
marksman shield looks soo cool it's worth adding a bit of color. Since
finding Pheonex's nest that has been his exclusive weapon. I used the
throwable Deadric Cresent for a while, but got tired of my boots
falling off everthime I threw it at a dremora lord or golden saint.

Ideally the helm would be subdued in color and open face. I made a
Black Glass Helm but that still just looks too tacky.

In article <1112387656.254277.215640@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
smart_aleck72@yahoo.com says...
> I've been looking for a good, preferably unique helm in Morrowind.
> I've gotten the Bearclaw Helm and a few of the unique Deadric helms,
> but nothing that goes with my character's idiom. Anybody run across
> anything interesting?

Do you have the official mods installed? The Helm of Tohan plug-in adds
the only adamantium helmet available in the base game.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_plugins.htm

For a medium helmet it's stats are exceptional. It weighs 4 pounds, has
an armor rating of 70 and health (repair points) of 900. It's not
enchanted, but it has 1500 enchantment points available.

--
Sacred cows make the best hamburger.
-Mark Twain

"Robert Oliver" <rboliver@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> In article <1112387656.254277.215640@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

> For a medium helmet it's stats are exceptional. It weighs 4 pounds, has
> an armor rating of 70 and health (repair points) of 900. It's not
> enchanted, but it has 1500 enchantment points available.

I used that for the longest time, until I got the Masque of Clavicus Vile,
which I used until I got the Helm of Oreyn Bearclaw, which is what I use
now. Haha... in my Telvanni Stronghold, I have a display of "Helms I've
Used and Loved." I have the Daedric Face of Inspiration, the other Daedric
face, Masque, and the Helm of Tohan. Plus a display of various weird things
I've found during my exploration.

mathilda wrote:
> Right now he's wearing Cuirass of Saviors Hide, Orcish greave, Boots of
> Blinding Speed, Dark Brotherhood pauldrons, Marksman Shield (from
> marksman mod), and left dark brotherhood bracer. Everything except the
> marksman shield is black/brown color scheme (no glo is installed). The
> marksman shield looks soo cool it's worth adding a bit of color. Since
> finding Pheonex's nest that has been his exclusive weapon. I used the
> throwable Deadric Cresent for a while, but got tired of my boots
> falling off everthime I threw it at a dremora lord or golden saint.
>
> Ideally the helm would be subdued in color and open face. I made a
> Black Glass Helm but that still just looks too tacky.

The Helm of Bear's Scent is brown (of course) and open-face, but shiny
due to the enchantment. Don't know of any really good non-magic helms
(a regular bear helm has pretty low protection) with the right look.
Nordic mail helms are open face and provide good protection, but medium
to dark grey color; offhand I don't recall whether they're medium or heavy.

At least now I know what to look for - will post if anything comes to mind.