Best non referance design for 5770

Ok so the partners are getting a few more chips now and ATI have given the go ahead for the non referance designs. I have always been partial to the HIS ICEQ Turbo model of non referance card, however i quite like the look of the Vapour X cards as well. Not sure but im guessing the Toxic version would be thier equivelant of the ICEQ Turbo ?

Anyway im wondering if anyone has used a Vapour X card and could tell me what they are like. Im looking for a factory overclock and a quiet operation, just like the ICEQ. Any other non referance designs people worth a look please let me know. I realise it will be a little while yet but thought iwould start the homework now

Thanks
Mactronix

I would have to say I agree with your choice of the HIS ICEQ Turbo coolers. I think they are fantasic, however, I think sometimes they just aren't worth the increased cost. I almost bought one back when I got my last card, a 4870. I opted for the Asus Dark Knight cooler because the cost difference was $40 after rebate. It wasn't worth that much to me and I still got a REALLY good OC with the ASUS. However, the HIS remains my favorite.

Honestly I figure unless you are trying to OC the crap out of a card, why do you need a better than OEM cooler? My 5870 seems to stay pretty good with the OEM cooler. I've even had it up to 925MHZ 1300MEM with a voltage increase and it stays pretty decent. I have to play with it a little though. I assue the 5770 does pretty well on stock as well.

Thats the main of it really jay, very nice card and cooler not so the price. I do like to OC a bit, thats why i have been waiting for the non referance cards to show up. Im looking for the balance between performance and value and there's nothing like first hand advice with these things.

Thanks for the input

Mactronix

I have found simply having good case airflow really benefits the video card. Even with a stock cooler, making sure hot air isn't sitting around in your case really makes a difference. I sunk alot of money into making a x1900xtx run cool and it wasn't really worth it in the end. Since then I've left the stock coolers on. The 4870 was the only card that didn't use the reference cooler since my x1900.

The 5870 I have now does really well with the stock cooler. No complaints.