Best (not necessarily fastest) NON SSD Hard Drive

Klematic

Reputable
May 2, 2015
I'm looking to complete a PC build, and I already have a SSD in the pipeline, but I need an adequate SATA 6.0 Hard Drive, preferrably 1-2TB. Would like to get some opinions on whats out there, and what kind of deals ppl have seen, since many are going for all SSD's now. Thanks in advance..
Klematic

Solution
You can count the HD manufacturers in the world with one hand. These days, HDD are commodity items, there is really no one excellent brand.

For what's worth, this point in time, I recommend the WD, at least they give you 3 flavors: Green for low power sip and quiet, the Red for middle of the road, and the Black for performance, your pick.

All SSD: lots of people like to brag their rigs and yet they are unable to pick out a simple box.
You can count the HD manufacturers in the world with one hand. These days, HDD are commodity items, there is really no one excellent brand.

For what's worth, this point in time, I recommend the WD, at least they give you 3 flavors: Green for low power sip and quiet, the Red for middle of the road, and the Black for performance, your pick.

All SSD: lots of people like to brag their rigs and yet they are unable to pick out a simple box.

Solution

Klematic

Reputable
May 2, 2015

Yeah, I agree, I took my time with my build, it's just a budget but I'm running:
FX-8350 CPU
Asus M5 A97 LE R2.0
16 GB Hyperx Ram
GTX 660 FTW 3GB
Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

But I still have an old SATA 3.0 250GB Seagate,, I used an old custom case and just gutted it. I will eventually get an SSD to run OS and other important functions, but I feel I need to upgrade in order, and a HDD is next in line.