Best/Optimum CPU water block assembly

Brj

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
Hello again,

I have this water block, Ek supremacy evo nickel.
The block comes assembled/preinstalled with "Insert I1" and "Jet J1".
As per the manual, the optimum configuration for lga-2011-v3 is "Insert I2" and "Jet J3", which comes as accessories.

My question:
If i go with the default assembly, does it make a big deal/difference? Any body ttested for difference?

Sorry for tge mustakes, am using my mobike, my machine is only parts noW.

Solution
I have the same manual and it says for Optimal Configuration for LGA-2011-V3 is I2 and J1, I did not even receive a J3 jet plate with my EK Supremacy EVO, nor is a J3 listed in my manual?

As far as that is concerned you can just use it the way it is shipped as it is shipped configured for Intel, the only difference I see between I1 and I2 is a little wider channel width still using the J1 jetplate.

Optimal configuration does not mean it will not work with any configuration you decide to use, if you're that concerned try both ways and test yourself.

This is really the same type situation of those in disagreement over which method to use applying TIM, when what really matters is the end results and the thermal footprint left behind so...
I have the same manual and it says for Optimal Configuration for LGA-2011-V3 is I2 and J1, I did not even receive a J3 jet plate with my EK Supremacy EVO, nor is a J3 listed in my manual?

As far as that is concerned you can just use it the way it is shipped as it is shipped configured for Intel, the only difference I see between I1 and I2 is a little wider channel width still using the J1 jetplate.

Optimal configuration does not mean it will not work with any configuration you decide to use, if you're that concerned try both ways and test yourself.

This is really the same type situation of those in disagreement over which method to use applying TIM, when what really matters is the end results and the thermal footprint left behind so don't be afraid to experiment and discover what actually is best for your setup!

I suggest using it like it was shipped to you preset for Intel and don't worry about it, or change and test, it's up to you.

Cooling performance wise it will probably be exactly the same anyway.

Solution

Brj

Reputable
Sep 17, 2014
Great :bounce:, i was almost stuck in here, since did not know about the jet and insert thing only until i opened the box and read the manual, :ouch: as if something fell from no where, and got me worried.

I never though that there is such thing inside the block :lol:

I will be using it as its is factory assembled, and later when maintenance/upgrade time hits, then i might give it a try and switch the jets.

Thanks again Ryan