Best option for cpu cooling?

KyleRaino

Commendable
Nov 7, 2016
At the moment my i5 2500 hits around 83°c under load after about half an hour, I have one case fan at the front and stock cooler is being run, I was wondering if my best option would be a cpu cooler, or a case fan for the back of my pc? My gpu and everything else stay in low Temps and just y cpu is hot

Solution
New cooler. (or if the paste/pad has been there for several years maybe just remove that and install some paste)

Replacing a case fan will have minimal impact on the CPU temperature.

*Considering the hassle to replace a stock cooler, I'd just buy a cheap one and setup an optimal fan profile. This will also make the computer QUIETER than it is now.

a) Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
b) Cryorig H7?

I say "?" because you want a 3-pin fan on the cooler if that's what your CPU_FAN supports on that older motherboard. Probably your motherboard is 4-pin, and in that case it MAY or MAY NOT support 3-pin so if it's 4-pin on the motherboard get a 4-pin fan (PWM) CPU cooler.

DO. NOT. GET. A. 4-pin. (PWM). FAN. IF. NOT. 4-pin. CPU_FAN. ON...
New cooler. (or if the paste/pad has been there for several years maybe just remove that and install some paste)

Replacing a case fan will have minimal impact on the CPU temperature.

*Considering the hassle to replace a stock cooler, I'd just buy a cheap one and setup an optimal fan profile. This will also make the computer QUIETER than it is now.

a) Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
b) Cryorig H7?

I say "?" because you want a 3-pin fan on the cooler if that's what your CPU_FAN supports on that older motherboard. Probably your motherboard is 4-pin, and in that case it MAY or MAY NOT support 3-pin so if it's 4-pin on the motherboard get a 4-pin fan (PWM) CPU cooler.

DO. NOT. GET. A. 4-pin. (PWM). FAN. IF. NOT. 4-pin. CPU_FAN. ON MOTHERBOARD!!

http://pcpartpicker.com/products/cpu-cooler/

Solution