Best or Ideal CPU?

Aug 21, 2018

what do you suggest? What is the ration between cost and improvement?

thx for fast reply!

What do you plan to do on this PC? For most purposes i7 4790k still holds up very nicely in pretty much any modern titles.
If you're doing heavy stuff like rendering or coding etc then you could switch to one of the newer Ryzen CPUs which will give you the upper hand thanks to extra cores.

Aug 21, 2018

I see, it is primary for using Adobe Premier Pro. So I should look for Ryzen then. Any suggestion on which motherboard for AMD Ryzen 7 2700X?

Thx

Well honestly i7 4790k is going to do your job well, but in the field of rendering it won't give you much better performance than the i5 4460, in my opinion there's still no need to upgrade to Ryzen if that's all you're going to be doing on it, but if you feel like your tasks are not being done quick enough then upgrading to Ryzen will be more necessary.

Along with the motherboard you'll also need to switch the Ram, since your current system only supports upto ddr3 and you'll need ddr4 if you're looking for a Ryzen CPU. Also, I'm not sure about your price range and your country, if you could let me know then I could suggest something appropriate.

Aug 21, 2018

hmmm I dont know, I have to think about it. If I decide to go with Ryzen the difference would be more than double in price. I am planning to get completely new rig close to the end of this year so maybe its smarter to just go with i7 for now and then Ryzen.

Thx

If you plan to do it at the end of this year then all good, i7 4790k will hold up nicely till then, you can see the difference between the i5 4460 and i7 4790k in detail right here: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7400/3939vs3886
Which shows that the i7 4790k has the upper hand in pretty much every field.

Aug 21, 2018

Wow thank you for this website. Then we have a definite solution !

Thank you again for your time, I appreciate it! :bounce:

I'm happy to help!

TRENDING THREADS