[SOLVED] Best Overall CPU

drandy2019

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
Hello!
I've been trying to find a good CPU to replace my current one. It doesn't mean that my current one is bad. The problem is that I want a CPU faster and better then my current one and I would like if any of you could help me.
Maybe is not worth it upgrading to another CPU since the one I have still is relevant and great for anything out at the moment. The CPU is the only thing I haven't upgraded for the past 6 years or so. It has been working perfectly, but I always wanted to have a faster PC.

This are the specs I currently have:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: GeForce RTX 2060 Super
MOBO: Asus Gryphon Z87
RAM: 16GB Ram
SSD: 250GB and 500GB
HDD: 2TB

Now, I'll give you as much information as I can to see if you can suggest something better.
  • I do play video games and I do have a lot of them installed. Many of them I like to play at high settings.
  • I do a lot of 3D modeling and simulations (tends to get slow when rendering high quality scenes or animations).
  • Photoshop (drawing) and graphic design
  • Video Editing
  • Browsing and watching lots of YouTube

drandy2019

Reputable
Dec 8, 2019
That would depend on how much you want to spend, since a new processor would require a new motherboard and RAM.

You say your current processor is doing fine, so why upgrade?
I forgot to mentioned that budget. However, the new CPU won't necessary required a new motherboard and RAM as long as it they support each other.

USAFRet

Titan
I thought replacing the CPU won't required anything new as long as they all match the requirements.
Compatible with that motherboard.
There is no "up" from what you have now.

A better CPU requires a new motherboard to match.
And RAM.
And probably a replacement PSU.

Hey look...most of a whole new PC!

You can keep the GPU and storage devices (with a full wipe and reinstall of the OS).