[SOLVED] Best overclocking settings

Mar 2, 2021
I'm very new to overclocking and I don't know that much about it. I was wonder what the best overclocking settings would be. I have an Alienware Aurora r11 and It comes with Alienware command center overclocking software.

Specs:

UserBenchmarks:
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700F - 97%
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080S (Super) - 121.2%
SSD: Pm981a NVMe Samsung 512GB - 256.7%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (2016) - 71.2%
RAM: Unknown XW21KG-MIE2 2x8GB - 83.5%
MBD: Alienware Aurora R11

(The ram is Hyper X 16 gigabytes 3200Hz.)

Solution
You can't overclock that cpu. You need both a 'K' cpu and a Z series motherboard.

As for the gpu, you'll probably get more out of keeping it cool than overclocking it; the card's boost clocks are temperature sensitive.

USAFRet

Titan
There is no singular "best".

Read more here:

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You can't overclock that cpu. You need both a 'K' cpu and a Z series motherboard.

As for the gpu, you'll probably get more out of keeping it cool than overclocking it; the card's boost clocks are temperature sensitive.

Solution

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
As Phaaze88 said you can't overclock the CPU, also UserBenchmark isn't a good way of measuring your computer's performance, honestly, it's not even a real benchmark, only a placebo I mean look at the numbers it spits out, you have 256.7% on your SSD sure, but 256.7% out of what? 1000% of potatoes? 300% of bananas? makes no sense.

About overclocking, I wouldn't do it with a prebuilt, why overclock those parts anyway? everything's new, overclocking's your last resort when you have a 10 year old computer and no money to get a new one