[SOLVED] Best Paid Antivirus/Malware etc NOW - AUG 2021 for Win 8/10?

Dylan Beckett

Respectable
Jul 12, 2021
Hello

Could someone please recommend the Best Paid Antivirus/Malware etc NOW - AUG 2021 for Win 8/10?

If you suggest a few - please also mention the pros/cons of each.

I know there's Antivirus - both scanning your computer all the time live, downloads as well as always scanning your live internet usage/browsing and locking bad sites etc.
And there's also the malware side, and networking software side - what other sides to this kind of thing are there that I'm not up on these days that you'd recommend I should get?

Trying to get something that ideally covers all that stuff in one package if possible?

BTW - I currently have an old SOPHOS AV - how do I safely transition from one to the other without any gap without protection? eg installing the new one?

Any advice would be great,

thank you

Solution
A fully activated Windows 10 installation should be able to defend itself.

Otherwise I second the Kaspersky as suggested above, I used it for my Windows XP for many years.

Endre

Reputable
Hello

Could someone please recommend the Best Paid Antivirus/Malware etc NOW - AUG 2021 for Win 8/10?

If you suggest a few - please also mention the pros/cons of each.

I know there's Antivirus - both scanning your computer all the time live, downloads as well as always scanning your live internet usage/browsing and locking bad sites etc.
And there's also the malware side, and networking software side - what other sides to this kind of thing are there that I'm not up on these days that you'd recommend I should get?

Trying to get something that ideally covers all that stuff in one package if possible?

BTW - I currently have an old SOPHOS AV - how do I safely transition from one to the other without any gap without protection? eg installing the new one?

Any advice would be great,

thank you

ESET NOD32 Antivirus is a good option.
It has a small footprint on your system (you won’t feel the system slowing down a lot as you’d do with some other antiviruses).
I’m using it for the last 10 years or so, and had no virus/malware issues.
The price is decent too.