best parts to upgrade?

simpiex

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017
im trying to upgrade my pc but dont know in what order (if i dont upgrade all at once) what should i upgrade for the maximum fps gains in games like PUBG (consistent 60 fps)
current specs:
PSU: be quit!, system power 8 400 W
MAINBOARD: ASROCK 970M Pro 3
GPU: KF2 geforce gtx 1050 ti OC
CPU: AMD fx 8350
RAM: i dont know exaclty what its called but its from corsair 8192 mb DDR3
and also i have a question can i overclock my pc with these specs i tried to find out if i can or not but im super scared that it might blow up my pc LOL

Solution
For the game you listed (PUBG) the 8350 is more of a problem you can lower your settings for the video card but that is not a good processor.
For the overclocking the CPU about NO with that motherboard. No 6 pin power connector for the video card so that is about a NO also since you already have the OC edition.
Their no single item you can upgrade, a decent video card upgrade would require a new power supply and a CPU upgrade would require a new CPU and motherboard at the very least and to get the latest tech new memory also.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Your gfx card is the weakest link right now. But to upgrade it, you will need a bigger PSU. The GTX 1060 would be nice, or even a GTX 1070 if you don't mind some minor occasional CPU bottleneck. But the 400W Be Quiet PSU is going to be marginal for even the 1060. Perhaps a Seasonic 520W like this.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
For the game you listed (PUBG) the 8350 is more of a problem you can lower your settings for the video card but that is not a good processor.
For the overclocking the CPU about NO with that motherboard. No 6 pin power connector for the video card so that is about a NO also since you already have the OC edition.
Their no single item you can upgrade, a decent video card upgrade would require a new power supply and a CPU upgrade would require a new CPU and motherboard at the very least and to get the latest tech new memory also.

Solution

simpiex

Commendable
Jan 25, 2017

i have a feeling that my power supply is broken anyway pc keeps crashing every few hours with no bsod or anything just restarts like nothing happened do you think i could just use a evga 430 instead of 520? cba to wait a week to get it

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

You could probably squeak by in a pinch. It has a +12V rail with specs that are similar to most 450W. But can't you find something with a bit more capacity? It's your PC. How much do you depend on it?