Best Password Managers 2022: Free and Paid

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14196

Just a little point about Last Pass, for my personal case it's easily the best solution since the premium version comes free with my Webroot security package. Been using both products for years and I have zero complaints; definitely recommend.
Yeah, it’s so good that it got hacked 😂

Jan 20, 2023
Well, from a hacker's perspective, this is probably true.
I cannot take this article seriously if they recommend LastPass a password manager that has been hacked and don't even report on it.

all your password are belong to us

Kind of makes you question the integrity of this site, doesn't it? Or, it should.

And perhaps all these review sites are actually conglomerates. Tom's Hardware is not what is was back in the day

brian532

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
There are local-storage-only services if you’re particularly paranoid and/or a security wizard.

That is a particularly ignorant statement. It was not too long ago that a major password manager, Last pass?, had their database hacked into. Passwords are you keys to everything. Anyone who says online anything %100 secure is an idiot and time will prove them wrong. Why in the world would you let you passwords loose in the cloud? Some might say it is parinoid to keep passwords local, others would say you are an idiot if you don't.

Reactions: Tom Sunday

Tom Sunday

Reputable
Jul 24, 2020
The news about last pass being hacked was a big turn off and has convinced me that they cant be relied upon now.
Indeed I have been wondering over the past many years if password managers are really necessary. Thus for the past 10-years I have been diligently keeping a detailed (typewritten) legal sized spreadsheet with all of the necessary information on my desk to administrate and or frequently changing all of my current 90-120 ever evolving passwords. After all, the most safe and unpredictable method in password security is always oneself. Having kept on choosing my old fashion ‘longhand method’ has never failed me to do so and standing on my own feet over the love of ease! Besides I do not like floating on a cloud either and or on someone else’s server for that matter! I was also wondering if any of the 50-plus password managers now readily being proffered on the net, are indeed safe enough in not compromising their users trust given their 'small company footprint' with its financial limitations, technical know-how, staying in business for the long haul and other income data mining opportunities seen by many possibly down the road.

allenb54

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
I was disappointed the password manager for Google Chrome was not mentioned. Does anyone want to share an opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.