Best PC Builds (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article level: the $1000 build, is credited to the wrong person, as well as given the wrong name.... name and person actually belongs to the $1250 build (which fails to list the secondary storage 1TB HDD in the beginning list)

MOSredrum

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I was building the last $2500 build, but I see it's changed today. can previous builds be seen? I really don't want to get the wrong stuff especially as a newb.

Jsimenhoff

Community Manager
Editor
Feb 28, 2016

Our past Best Builds are archived here.

MOSredrum

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

Thanks for the reply! Now I'm getting this "It looks like something is broken in our system." haha No system come back I love you..... ;)

I think Ryzen will dominate future builds for quite some time. Even with all if the quirks, it has incredible value. Example: in my $1000 build I could have given you more cores/ threads and that really helps for gamers who stream, and content creators.

shortbus25

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
This was the most boring pc build article i've read in a while. To see the more or less the same parts on all of them leaves me wondering is hardware just done for now? is this all we have now as far as elite equipment to choose from? The PC parts market is the most stagnet I have seen in years. You really only have 4 processors to choose from, 4 OK GPU's. Then everything else is more or less what brand of that item you want to pay for. How much "Gskill" ram do I need. Its almost as boring as cell phones any more they all look the same just what manufacturer do you want in your pocket.

WhyAreYou

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Awesome! Congrats to winners
li3a.png

jasonpatry987

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
Have to agree with shortbus no variety when there should be some i would be highly surprised if all of Intels offerings beat out AMD's a processing power per dollar point.

hopefully the next round is a little better.

These builds were put together months ago when AMD really had nothing to offer at any price point. Obviously many of these builds became obsolete by the time the voting is over and the articles are finally published. I fully expect Ryzen SKUs to dominate future contests for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.