Question Best PC set up for Gaming + Video Editing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Pacdude

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
Hi everyone

some time ago I asked for exactly the same thing, then I decided that I could still manage with my old built for a little longer. Well, now I believe it's finally time for renovation (before it dies on me for the last time without giving me the chance to backup my work)!
So, would you please suggest me whatever I need, piece by piece, to get the best PC built I can possibly get with about £1,000 budget? Need it for both gaming and video editing.
I won't need the screen, as I am still quite happy with what I've got so far, I might need to upgrate in the future, but not for now. I don't know if bluethooth connectivity is a given nowadays, but it would be nice to have it, as well as wireless internet, of course.
Also, I would like a case that is easy to clean, if such a thing exists?? Nothing fancy, but I would love something that doesn't gather too much dust, if that's possible (although I understand it might be more of a ventilation flow kind of thing).
Lastly, is Windows 11 safe/stable to run, now? As I remember being quite a few issues with it, but that was a while ago.

Thanks!

Pacdude

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
How can I check if the case is compatible with all the components?
Also, I am checking the motherboard and people say that you need to download and instal the drivers to use internet and bluetooth. Is there any video tutorial that shows how to do that?

Thanks

Pacdude

Commendable
Oct 19, 2020
Continuing on my previous message, I realised that those comments about updating the drivers to use wifi and bluetooth are talking about another version of the motherboard, while the one recomended by @logainofhades doesn't seem to have that function listed.
This is the specific version:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00066HEV6?tag=pcp0f-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1
"MSI PRO Z690"
I might be wrong, but it looks like it doesn't have wifi and bluetooth functions? I need them both.
I see there is another version called "MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4" where it specifies it has wifi and bluetooth, but it says "DDR4", does that mean that I cannot use the DDR5 RAM I was planning to buy? If so, is there another motherboard that has everything I need and that still fits with the rest of the components?

Sorry if this may sound like a dumb question, as probably every motherboard comes with wifi and bluetooth by default, but I am close to buying the whole build and I really want to make sure I don't make any mistake!

Thanks