Question Best PC-Speakers for under 100$?

Verem

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2013
Should I use normal PC speakers or bookshelf speakers? Does it make a difference if they are active or passive? What other parts do I need? I don't need the super mega sound or volume. It would be nice if they sound warm and can fill a room.

Here are some I already looked at. Feel free to recommend better ones.

Would you recommend the
  • Edifier C2X
  • AEG LB 4720
  • Mackie CR4
  • Logitech Z333
  • ????

Thanks

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
I've had good luck with Creative's speakers. I use the Inspire T12 on my desk here at work, and they sound best with some minor software EQ adjustment (if your PC's drivers have that feature). The GigaWorks T20 speakers sound especially good for a 2.0 system and have their own EQ knobs, so the sound output can be easily adjusted to your liking.

Bookshelf (passive) speakers will need a separate amplifier. To get somewhat decent sound, you're looking at an extra $50 for a basic amp. If simplicity is what you want, active PC speakers would be your best option.

Verem

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2013
I've had good luck with Creative's speakers. I use the Inspire T12 on my desk here at work, and they sound best with some minor software EQ adjustment (if your PC's drivers have that feature). The GigaWorks T20 speakers sound especially good for a 2.0 system and have their own EQ knobs, so the sound output can be easily adjusted to your liking.

Bookshelf (passive) speakers will need a separate amplifier. To get somewhat decent sound, you're looking at an extra $50 for a basic amp. If simplicity is what you want, active PC speakers would be your best option.

Just read the amazon reviews. Some people mention a problem with the energy saving modus and the wakeup time. Is it really that bad?

VIVO-US

Honorable
Feb 1, 2017
Just read the amazon reviews. Some people mention a problem with the energy saving modus and the wakeup time. Is it really that bad?
I haven't had any problems like that. All of my Creative speakers have started right up with no lag time. The best I can figure is that the speaker with the problem had some sort of a defect.

Should I use normal PC speakers or bookshelf speakers? Does it make a difference if they are active or passive? What other parts do I need? I don't need the super mega sound or volume. It would be nice if they sound warm and can fill a room.

Would you recommend the
  • Edifier C2X
  • AEG LB 4720
  • Mackie CR4
  • Logitech Z333
  • ????
Thanks

Edifier would be good or the Mackie. The AEG are not powered, the Logitech ones you picked won't sound as good.
I would pick either of those before the 2.0 Creative speakers. Creatives are good if you are looking for a lower price and decent sound in a small speaker. They are good for $50 or so models but not as good as the $100+ ones.

Can also check what prices Klipsch Pro Media go for in your area. Used speakers are also fine, they don't get worse with age as long as the cones are good and they work.

Would you recommend the
  • Edifier C2X
  • AEG LB 4720
  • Mackie CR4
  • Logitech Z333
  • ????
Thanks

Here is what I am using now.

Creative Labs A60 2.0 Desktop Speakers (Black)

The Sound is surprisingly good and they are pretty small.

TRENDING THREADS