Best PC Virtual Reality Headsets

Per-Eye Resolution
2560x1400 WQHD
The Oculus Go should actually be 2560x1440, and that's combined, not per-eye, meaning the actual listed number should be 1280x1440. It might also be worth noting whether the pixels are arranged in a pentile or RGB format for each headset, since pentile displays share some subpixels between pixels, resulting in a lower subpixel count for certain colors at a given resolution.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
If you want a wide field of view, wait and see how the Pimax 5K+ turns out over the next month or so. Reviewers say they can't go back to the Vive Pro after using it.

Oct 10, 2018
Second that comments on the Pimax. I have a Rift for 2 years and if I hear Pimax experiences all go: if you have a wide FOV you never want to go back I immedeately understand what it means: all the headsets tested above are now history.

Jan 17, 2019
This article would have some credibility if the title ended with 2018. Here we are in the first month of the year and they're looking at last year's last gen headsets. What a joke

Well, I think the last major update to this roundup was in September, and now they just added a quick section about news from CES at the beginning. In any case, not much has really changed since then, that I can think of, in terms of major headset releases. Tom's Hardware's last VR headset review was from a few months ago for the pre-production Pimax 5K+, and that's still not available for general purchase yet. So, I guess their suggestions from then should still stand, at least until newer headsets start releasing.