[SOLVED] Best PC Wireless adapter for around 120USD

Sep 10, 2020
I recently moved to a rental so I can't change or access the actual information regarding the service/modem

I'm currently located about 2 rooms away (very few walls in between me and the router). For some reason the connection is horrible most, if not, the entire day but my phone is perfectly fine. It averages 60 DL and 15 UP while my PC is lucky enough to get maybe at most 5-8MB DL and 4MB UP and sometimes less than 1MB overall. Everything's up-to-date in terms of drivers etc, I'm assuming it's the TP-Link itself that seems to be the issue AFAIK.

Specs:
TP-Link AC1200 PCIe
Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon.

If you need any more info let me know. Basically what I'm trying to get here is a reliable and good wireless adapter, obviously I could google "Best wireless adapter" but I feel like it's better to hear from others about theirs etc instead of descriptions. It can be one of the USB ones as well, just not those weird modem type ones with like 6 antennas on it since I have no clue how those work.

If anyone has good suggestions feel free to comment, anything around 120 USD would be great, I just don't wan't anything too cheap since obviously the one I have didn't work out for cheap.

Also I'm not entirely sure if the device properties - advanced does anything to help. Shows bandwidth, beacon interval, preamble mode and wireless mode but has no info on any of the options about what it does

What is the router you are using? You can try an antenna for your card that is longer and can mount on top of the desk something like this https://www.amazon.com/Eightwood-An...ncoding=UTF8&refRID=55TD5DPMJGKRBEASEJAA&th=1 just make sure the connectors match what is on your card. Powerline network as above is also an option and can be better if the router, your card and the interference between them causes issues.

The card you already have is a perfectly reasonable mid-tier card, I don't see any reason to think that replacing it with a better card will help much.

hang-the-9 is likely on the right track with the remote antenna - omni-directional antennas really prefer to operate in clear space - and up against a computer case, stuffed under a desk is anything but.

Have you tried updating drivers for your pcie card, it should be that slow next to your phone. Are you getting interference from a nearby power supply cable or something behind your computer? Perhaps try an external wired antenna which you can move to the top of your desk.