[SOLVED] Best PCI-e Bluetooth card for a Desktop Computer?

ReignOfHell

Commendable
Aug 7, 2020
My motherboard is an Asus P8Z77V-LK, and I have been interested in getting a bluetooth card because from what I've heard external/usb ones are absolute crap. So, with that being said, which is considered the 'best' in terms of value and quality?

Solution
hi, evey bluetooth cards no matter which interface they using (pci-e/m.2/usb) all of them sharing one thing in common, all of them are using USB, some cards have their own USB controller (pci-e only but not all of them), and some will use mainboard USBs either routed through PCIE-lanes (this apply for m.2 wifi slot) or through usb cable to hook it up with internal mainboard usb header (most of PCI-E cards)

and no matter which one u choose u can get driver issues thanks to micro$oft crappy windows

as far as quality goes, id say intel, but intel doesnt sell them dirrectly, it sells it to oem (hp, lenovo etc), they provide general drivers, but oem can do some hardware changes which may be bad for intel general drivers, so its best to use...
hi, evey bluetooth cards no matter which interface they using (pci-e/m.2/usb) all of them sharing one thing in common, all of them are using USB, some cards have their own USB controller (pci-e only but not all of them), and some will use mainboard USBs either routed through PCIE-lanes (this apply for m.2 wifi slot) or through usb cable to hook it up with internal mainboard usb header (most of PCI-E cards)

and no matter which one u choose u can get driver issues thanks to micro$oft crappy windows

as far as quality goes, id say intel, but intel doesnt sell them dirrectly, it sells it to oem (hp, lenovo etc), they provide general drivers, but oem can do some hardware changes which may be bad for intel general drivers, so its best to use oem provided drivers

u can alternatively use old phone for bluetooth and hook it up with pc through usb, u can tether bluetooth devices through usb to pc, android has zero bluetooth issues ;)

Solution

ReignOfHell

Commendable
Aug 7, 2020
u can alternatively use old phone for bluetooth and hook it up with pc through usb, u can tether bluetooth device
How would i go about using this 'tethering' method? i have 2 older phones, one LG G4 and a Huawei Ascend. both i can connect to my PC via USB Tethering, but after that i have no idea how to connect devices to my pc via bluetooth, im using windows 7.

How would i go about using this 'tethering' method? i have 2 older phones, one LG G4 and a Huawei Ascend. both i can connect to my PC via USB Tethering, but after that i have no idea how to connect devices to my pc via bluetooth, im using windows 7.
hmm but there seems to be no native way to have bt from phone
seems to be limited to just audio (play music on pc and listen on your phone/bt speakers connected to phone) through apps on phone and on pc

Latest posts