Question Best Performance or Better battery (questions lots of)

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Should I use best performance or better battery on my asus g15rm rog laptop? Want to get that awesome speedy but that's also makes a magical jump to 5.0GHz according to task manager. My CPU can only 3.20GHz it is an AMD Ryzen processor I have no idea how it went to 5 as I always thought it's impossible in current age and era. Anyways Best Perf also makes the chassis quite hot almost hurts my thumbs however numbers indicates max 60c when I do anything. 60c isnt that dangerious so why top of my laptop gets real hot? Is there other factors related to this?

I track CPU Package and overall CPU core temps via hwinfo. However, this isnt always like these I mean both numbers and heat, it is quite random but main thing is 60c on CPU AND top of the chassis more likely because it happens quite hot. When I do nothing it cools itself rather quickly so that is good. But it seems heat on the plastic chassis is rather hard to get rid of as I touch my thumbs to test it.

Should I stick to numbers on hwinfo or should I trust my large thumbs?
(better battery and better perf locks the GHz to 1.75Ghz according to my power settings)

Best performance is good for lifespan or should I avoid using it in long term? I do 720p mid gaming and 720p video rendering so heat is vital.

Thank you in advance