Best performances per money solution needed for gpu

a.nekako.123

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017
Hi, I am new here and i need help deciding which gpu to buy next. I'm basicly choosing between Nvidia gtx 1050ti/gtx 1060 3gb/6gb/ amd rx 470 8gb. My main problem is money, as I am looking for best performance per cash solution. I am using my PC for all purposes but upgrading GPU mainly for gaming. Gtx 1050ti is available in my country for 200 euros, 1060 3gb for 260e, 1060 6gb and rx 470 for around 300 euros. My current configuration is CPU: AMD A10-6780k 4-core and 4,0ghz, 8gb of RAM, and I am using HDD but I'm thinking on moving my OS(only os) on ssd(would also like your opinion on that subject), so which one of those GPU's would give me most for my money(I'm a student so my income is heavily influenced by circumstances). Thanks for your help :)

Solution
I agree that with that CPU the 1050 Ti is the most worth getting. To be honest, if it was me I'd probably get the 1050. Then use that extra money on the SSD.

I use a 120gb SSD for the OS and my most important programs. I can also squeeze a couple of games on there. I use my mechanical hard drive to store most of my games and all my media and other data. It works great. The SSD makes the computer respond much quicker any time you are doing anything that would involve data on the drive. For instance, if you are playing a game, a new map loads much faster off the SSD. So you spend more time playing, less time waiting. It does not help framerate. If you got 40fps before adding the SSD, you'll still get 40fps after adding it.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

with your cpu you are limited to the gtx 1050 ti

all other options are a waste of money as you would not see much of a benefit if any for the extra money spent

I agree that with that CPU the 1050 Ti is the most worth getting. To be honest, if it was me I'd probably get the 1050. Then use that extra money on the SSD.

I use a 120gb SSD for the OS and my most important programs. I can also squeeze a couple of games on there. I use my mechanical hard drive to store most of my games and all my media and other data. It works great. The SSD makes the computer respond much quicker any time you are doing anything that would involve data on the drive. For instance, if you are playing a game, a new map loads much faster off the SSD. So you spend more time playing, less time waiting. It does not help framerate. If you got 40fps before adding the SSD, you'll still get 40fps after adding it.

Solution

a.nekako.123

Reputable
Nov 15, 2017

What cpu should I get then, keep in mind that I would probably not spend more on cpu than on the graphics, since I would need new motherboard too and new power supply probably?

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

that depends on what gpu you wanted and your budget

and yes you are going to need new mobo + ddr4 ram as well

make and model of your current power supply?