Best place to buy a budget gaming PC

CallmeJoe_72

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
Im new to PC gaming so I dont feel like I can build my own.
So where is the best place or speafic model to get a cheap gaming PC.I have a little over $ 1000 saved.I also need stuff like mouse+keyboard,windows 7,and monitor to come with it.
And how long will this be able to rub games before I have to upgrade it?

Thanks

Just configure something at Cyber Power

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

Don't go with Alienware as they aren't worth it. If you are more concerned about quality then you can go with Falcon northwest, but you will of course have to spend more

http://www.falcon-nw.com

The best option is to build it yourself. As for how long you can run games before you have to upgrade it, that really depends on you. If you want to game at 1080p you will have to update a little more often than if you go with 1680x1050 or 1440x900. You also have to consider if you want at least medium settings, or if your someone who's happy even with low settings.

nvidiafanboi

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
obviously the cheapest way would be to buy the components and build it yourself, but seeing as you want it pre-built i would reccomend researching components ect and selecting your parts at one of the top builders.

with $1000 you can get a very respectable rig set up.

CallmeJoe_72

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
I wipped this up quickly and very foolishly.Is this a good system?Any buggy or bad parts I used.Did I get a good balance bewteen cpu,gpu,motherboard,powersupplie,memory and cooling?
Well here it is:
Case: Apevia X-Dreamer 3 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ Side-Panel Window & Temperature Display [-12] (Black Color with Blue Ring & Blue LED Fan)
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: [Special] Intel® Core™ i7-950 3.06 GHz 8M Intel Smart Cache LGA1366
Freebies: FREE Game: Just Cause 2
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)
Motherboard: (3-Way SLI Support) MSI X58 Pro-E Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFire DDR3 Mainboard
Motherboard Expansion Card: None
Memory: 6GB (2GBx3) DDR3/1600MHz Triple Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3 16X PCIe Video Card [+16] (Major Brand Powered by ATI)
Freebies: None
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Dedicated PHYSX Card: None
Multiple Video Card Settings: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
Power Supply Upgrade: 450 Watts - Standard Case Power Supply
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: 19" Widescreen 1440x900 TFT Active Matrix LCD Display [+129]
2nd Monitor: None
3rd Monitor: None
Speakers: 120 Watt Stereo Speakers [+10] (Black Color)
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Network Surge Protector: None
Mega Notebook/Netbook/Server Bundle: None
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: None
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: None
Video Camera: None
Headset: None
Printer: None
Cable: None
Power Protection: None
Surge Protector: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
Floppy: None
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® 7 Home Premium [+104] (64-bit Edition)
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Office Suite: None
Games: None
Ultra Care Option: None
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS

CallmeJoe_72

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010

Ok,does it have a good balance bewteem cpu and gpu? You think my gpu is good enough to last 1-2 years(low graphics are fin for me)Or should I get a better one?
Im going to wait a few months to get a little bit more cash so is thier any annual sales like one for thanksgiving that cyber does.
I missed out on the labour day ones.
ALso what would anyone one of you guys use if had to use cyber power or a simillar site on a budget of 1000 dollars,give 100 or take a 100 dollars?

Thanks for any help

CallmeJoe_72

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
All right,Im going to wait so I get a few more hunderd dollars so I can get a better psu and gpu,IM buying a good cpu with it so I might aswell get a good gpu.
The queston now is when I should buy it?

EpicReaction

Honorable
May 8, 2012
I bought a computer from http://IronsideComputers.com. One of their reps, helped me to pick out my computer, and he told me that the processor doesn't matter as much as the graphics card. He said, that PC gaming uses the graphics card much more, and that to try and put most of your money towards that. He made a lot of sense, though I'm no expert, and he helped me to choose an i5 processor and a GTX 570 instead of an i7 and a GTX 550. My computer runs everything at close to their highest settings, so I'm assuming he was right, and I'm quite happy with the computer they built for me.

angelice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
That is very true.
flatratecomputersales.cf
is a good place to buy them as well, give the guys there a call and they will help you figure out what kind of system you need and it cost about 1/2 as much as the other place listed here.

nalgene20

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014