Best place to buy second hand

May 30, 2018
Hey guys!

I've put a list together of all the parts of my PC that I'm going to need, but it is clocking in over $2000! While it's not a huge concern, I would prefer to buy a few second hand components, as it's cheaper and I intend to sell second hand to newcomers when the time comes also!
What is a good site for like minded individuals who are upgrading and selling off old components?
I'm in Australia by the way, so factor that in to your response.

Thanks for the help!

CaptainCretin

Respectable
Jul 18, 2016
Ali Express is good for cheap 2nd hand cpus and RAM pulled from corporate ex-lease systems; you wont get the latest tech, but it will be good enough to play fairly modern games on mid to high settings.

Not really sure what their 2nd hand mobos are like; but their gfx arent likely to be suitable for gaming.

GFX cards are more of a problem, you never know if the previous owner messed it up.

My advice is to buy entry level for non essentials like SSD/HDD*, and mid range GFX, but buy a good quality psu and the best $150-$200 case you can manage. A good case will get reused for rebuilds for decades to come; I am still using cases bought in the 90's for secondary PC builds for family and friends; in contrast, the sub $100 cases have all fallen apart within a couple of years.

Go for solid build quality over flashing lights and stupid edgy designs.

*Avoid Seagate HDD, they are by far the most unreliable on the market, buy Hitachi if at all possible

USAFRet

Titan

Selling parts you bought secondhand, to other people?
What will you do for warranty issues?

Locally is best. You can check the condition and make sure it works in person. I've had a number of used items from amazon that were supposed to be good or like new condition and they didn't work like they were supposed to. Unfortunately I don't know of good sites or places in Australia.