Best place to get Office 2007

wiz1

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
I was in Best Buy the other day and they had it cheaper than newegg so I figured there is better pricing out there. Where should I go?

Mrbumbum

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008

If your currently enrolled at a university and you have a .edu email address Microsoft has a special deal to get office ultimate 2007 for just $60

http://www.microsoft.com/student/discounts/theultimatesteal-us/default.aspx

Either that or find a friend who is in school and get them to buy it for you, You have the option of buying backup cd's for $13, brining the total to $73, but that is still a good deal. Its a full retail copy :)

foolycooly

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2008

holy s I had no idea this deal existed. You're the man bumbum.

wiz1

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
WOW: I wish I knew someone in college that would save a pile of cash. Do you guys have any other discount places to buy?

Zenthar

Distinguished
I'm no lawyer, but my guess is that using Microsoft's student licensing program when you aren't actually a student is probably as legal as getting Office from Bittorrent ...

Prices for MS Office 2007 might vary a bit one vendor to another, but probably not by much as I think the price is controlled by MS. If you see a big price difference, make sure you didn't compare different versions (ex: Professional vs Standard or Full vs Upgrade).

Other than that, depending on what you want to do with it, you might want to take a look at free OpenOffice.

TRENDING THREADS