[SOLVED] Best possible upgrade for higher frames and better performance

Mar 28, 2019
Hello, recently ive been experiencing frame drops while recording games with obs (this is only with higher demanding games like forza, for honor, and fortnite.) aswell with very high cpu/disk usage in task manager. instead of lowering my settings i am looking for hardware updrages i can buy for overall better performace. i run dual monitors (60hz) and for the majority of the time i can run most games at high or extreme graphics but even without the screen recorder forza will become quite skippy. when using obs i will encounter even lower frames depending on the game. overall im just looking for some advice from the best on what i can upgrade to make my pc run games smoother with steadier frames and not have as much of a problem with multitasking.

Specs:
processor-AMD FX 8320E
Cooler-Cooler master Hyper T2
Graphics card- Msi RX470 4gb
ram-kingston hyperx fury 16Gb (4x4gb)
DDR3-1600
Motherboard-Asus M5A78LM AM3+
HDD-Toshiba 1Tb
power supply- corsair cx600M
case-carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA mid-tower

Mar 28, 2019
It may make more sense to lower your settings; any significant upgrade will require a major overhaul, which means a new platform (CPU, MB, RAM).
okay and could this be done while keeping the same data on my pc in other words would i have to go through reinstalling everything after and upgrade like this

DSzymborski

Titan
okay and could this be done while keeping the same data on my pc in other words would i have to go through reinstalling everything after and upgrade like this

No. New platform means full wipe of the OS drive and new installation of applications. Only very specific Windows editions that are intended to be portable are plug-and-play in this manner.

One big exception for Steam programs; in that case, you can just reinstall Steam and point Steam to the old directories.

Mar 28, 2019
CPU is too weak for that type of workload.
Upgrade to at least AMD Ryzen 7 or Intel i7 8th gen (that also means new motherboard and new DDR4 ram).
so if i where to upgrade these things theoretically i would have a much better pc and would i have to do anything with my hard drive? i was looking at the difference between hdd and ssd and i was wondering if my hard drive would need to be switched for something better and faster or would your suggested upgrade (motherboard,cpu,ram) do the trick

Mar 28, 2019
No. New platform means full wipe of the OS drive and new installation of applications. Only very specific Windows editions that are intended to be portable are plug-and-play in this manner.

One big exception for Steam programs; in that case, you can just reinstall Steam and point Steam to the old directories.
okay i will definatley look into it i can imagine it costing anywhere from 200$ to 400$ depending on what i get?

DSzymborski

Titan
Solution
Mar 28, 2019
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($164.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($89.84 @ Newegg)
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $339.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-28 04:01 EDT-0400
thank you i will probabaly end up upgrading after some research. do you know if those specific components will have any problem fitting in my case or not being compatiple with other parts, or should it be safe to go ahead and get those exact parts