Question Best power supply for my PC build?

Fusion1005

Commendable
Jan 15, 2020
I'm looking for a good power supply that'll be able to support my first gaming PC. All I really need to know is what wattage should my power supply be, but I wouldn't mind a specific recommendation either. And if anyone has any suggestions to improve my build, please comment it.

Here are the specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
Mobo: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (3200)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB M.2
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 3.5"
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R

Btw, pcpartpicker says the estimated wattage of this build is 364W.

edit: whoops, accidentally posted in the wrong forum, sorry about that.

I'm looking for a good power supply that'll be able to support my first gaming PC. All I really need to know is what wattage should my power supply be, but I wouldn't mind a specific recommendation either. And if anyone has any suggestions to improve my build, please comment it.

Here are the specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212
Mobo: ASRock B450 Steel Legend
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (3200)
Storage: Western Digital Blue 500GB M.2
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 3.5"
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R

Btw, pcpartpicker says the estimated wattage of this build is 364W.

edit: whoops, accidentally posted in the wrong forum, sorry about that.

I agree with Dark Lord on the PSU recommendation... one other comment, the motherboard you have chosen might not support the CPU you are buying out of the box as B450 motherboards came out before the Ryzen 3000 series cpu's were released- the motherboard must have the latest bios installed before you can install the R5 3600 cpu (link to CPU support list: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#CPU )...

That needn't be a problem- easiest option is to contact the retailer selling the motherboard before purchasing and checking if they can update the bios for you before shipment.

Alternatively, you can look for a B450 Max motherboard- the 'Max' versions of the boards are updated and guaranteed to support Ryzen 3000 out of the box.

Otherwise the build looks good.

Reactions: Dark Lord of Tech

Fusion1005

Commendable
Jan 15, 2020
I agree with Dark Lord on the PSU recommendation... one other comment, the motherboard you have chosen might not support the CPU you are buying out of the box as B450 motherboards came out before the Ryzen 3000 series cpu's were released- the motherboard must have the latest bios installed before you can install the R5 3600 cpu (link to CPU support list: https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450 Steel Legend/index.asp#CPU )...

That needn't be a problem- easiest option is to contact the retailer selling the motherboard before purchasing and checking if they can update the bios for you before shipment.

Alternatively, you can look for a B450 Max motherboard- the 'Max' versions of the boards are updated and guaranteed to support Ryzen 3000 out of the box.

Otherwise the build looks good.
Good point above , one of the MSI B450 MAX boards will support the CPU out of the box.

PCPartPicker Part List

Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($114.99 @ B&H)
Total: $114.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-15 18:34 EST-0500

Yeah I had that concern when picking out my motherboard as well, but I looked at the reviews and they all said as long as you don't buy it from a 3rd party retailer, the b450 will support ryzen 3000 series cpus. But do you still think the max would be a better pick?

Btw: the ASRock one is $95 (retails for $103, but there's a prime deal).