Question Best prebuilt under 1200usd forWar zone and ready or not

Apr 29, 2022
I know absolutely nothing about computers and never wanted to get one until i seen videos and streams of ready or not. And my buddy was telling me that warzone is better in pc. So I need to get one but I have no idea where to even begin nor what any of the numbers and GeForce and any of that stuff is. I need recommendations here people

logainofhades

Titan
That game is huge, you are going to want a larger capacity SSD, so I put a 2tb in this.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-12400 2.5 GHz 6-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Best Buy)
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 400 V2 64.5 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B660 GAMING X AX DDR4 ATX LGA1700 Motherboard ($164.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Silicon Power GAMING 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory ($104.97 @ Amazon)
Storage: Crucial P5 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($189.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Challenger D OC Video Card ($419.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Zalman S2 ATX Mid Tower Case ($61.80 @ Newegg Sellers)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 650 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($59.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1191.70
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-04-29 17:11 EDT-0400

Apr 29, 2022
PowerSpec G511 Gaming PCAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 500GB Solid State Drive

or

HP Pavilion TG01-2360 Gaming PCAMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 512GB Solid State Drive

ZenMusic

Prominent
Apr 27, 2022
Can we lose my virginity with a prebuilt then maybe I’ll ask about building but that’s very expensive route
I have built dozens of systems over the years .. but at this point, I'm not so current tech. wise and don't want to deal with the problems or failures so I'd pay for a prebuilt , (back then I worked directly with highly tech. hardware guys at my company so that could help too) probably others the same ... my time is worth more than I'd save .. appreciate any advice though .. and never know, I may build my own if I don't find a good deal ..

I suspect with 40xx Nvidea on the horizon that prices will come down, I'd be happy with a 3070 or 3080 since music is my main use

logainofhades

Titan
PowerSpec G511 Gaming PCAMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-2666 RAM; 500GB Solid State Drive

or

HP Pavilion TG01-2360 Gaming PCAMD Ryzen 7 5700G 3.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6; 16GB DDR4-3200 RAM; 512GB Solid State Drive

Neither is very appealing. The first one has too slow of ram, and the second one would be slower, in gaming, as the 5600g/5700g are more comparable to Ryzen 3000 non APU chips. Neither has enough storage. This one would work, but be prepared for ram and storage upgrades, sooner rather than later.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/skytec...6600xt-1tb-nvme-black/6489649.p?skuId=6489649

Apr 29, 2022
Neither is very appealing. The first one has too slow of ram, and the second one would be slower, in gaming, as the 5600g/5700g are more comparable to Ryzen 3000 non APU chips. Neither has enough storage.

Ok what is an Apu chip and what if I didn’t go with warzone on the pc seeings how I just got a ps5 in November and I wanted a pc specifically for ready or not for the time being

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
Ok what is an Apu chip and what if I didn’t go with warzone on the pc seeings how I just got a ps5 in November and I wanted a pc specifically for ready or not for the time being
You have to decide if you want to use a discrete video card or an APU's. Apu's not have the performance level as a dedicated GPU. 5600x or you choice of what. Money is all it takes is money.
How fast do want to go? How much money do you have to spend. Balance things out..

KyaraM

Admirable
Can we lose my virginity with a prebuilt then maybe I’ll ask about building but that’s very expensive route
You can also order the parts and have it built in a local computer shop for a small fee. Or the US online retailers stop being stupid and finally offer that service, it's ridiculous they don't do that already. The big ones over here in Germany offer it for ages.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
You can also order the parts and have it built in a local computer shop for a small fee. Or the US online retailers stop being stupid and finally offer that service, it's ridiculous they don't do that already. The big ones over here in Germany offer it for ages.

Service things are quite expensive to scale up nationally here because of the massive distances involved. You either have to be very focused on the computer product (such as companies like Cyberpower) or have a very large brick-and-mortar presence.

KyaraM

Admirable
Service things are quite expensive to scale up nationally here because of the massive distances involved. You either have to be very focused on the computer product (such as companies like Cyberpower) or have a very large brick-and-mortar presence.
Alternate delivers to Spain. That's three countries apart and depending on destination approximately the distance between Dallas, Texas, and New York City. I just confirmed with someone who works there that everything gets delivered from the same place in Germany and that they do sell those comletely freely self-configured systems; only thing they don't sell internationally is big stuff like fridges, due to logistics partners limitations. Also, you got Walmart. Don't see how that wouldn't count. I'm also not talking about companies like CyberPower. We got that here, too, like One.de for example, and they are just as crappy.

There is no excuse here. They don't do it because they don't want to, not because they can't.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
Alternate delivers to Spain. That's three countries apart and depending on destination approximately the distance between Dallas, Texas, and New York City. I just confirmed with someone who works there that everything gets delivered from the same place in Germany and that they do sell those comletely freely self-configured systems; only thing they don't sell internationally is big stuff like fridges, due to logistics partners limitations. Also, you got Walmart. Don't see how that wouldn't count. I'm also not talking about companies like CyberPower. We got that here, too, like One.de for example, and they are just as crappy.

There is no excuse here. They don't do it because they don't want to, not because they can't.

Never said that they can't. Just that it's not worth it to them because of the additional complexity. And I clearly said "brick-and-mortar presence" as an exception.

And yes, the difference between Spain and Germany (depending on the cities) is about the same as Dallas to NY. But you're comparing their distance limit to something that would be far closer to a typical difference for companies without a large amount of infrastructure. What would be meaningful would be asking what their average shipping distance is.

Saithies2

Prominent
Jun 19, 2022
The Ryzen 5 5600g is not "comparable" to the Ryzen 5 3600. The 5600g is 100 places higher in rank than the 3600 on passmark and take a look at actual benchmarks
View: https://youtu.be/sJMe_rpVVJE
it outperforms the 3600 at every turn until you get to 1440p gaming, the gap is pretty close there. If you are ONLY gaming and at 1440 or higher, the 3600 makes more sense, but if you do rendering, encoding or 1080p gaming, the 5600g wins hands down. I own both and have tested both in the same system. You can see for yourself though, in the video I linked.

logainofhades

Titan
The Ryzen 5 5600g is not "comparable" to the Ryzen 5 3600. The 5600g is 100 places higher in rank than the 3600 on passmark and take a look at actual benchmarks
View: https://youtu.be/sJMe_rpVVJE
it outperforms the 3600 at every turn until you get to 1440p gaming, the gap is pretty close there. If you are ONLY gaming and at 1440 or higher, the 3600 makes more sense, but if you do rendering, encoding or 1080p gaming, the 5600g wins hands down. I own both and have tested both in the same system. You can see for yourself though, in the video I linked.

The gap isn't as big as you are making it out to be.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycNI1FxIPc&t=912s