Best Price/Performance gaming AMD+GTX system

ezfranca

Honorable
Jul 13, 2013
Hi guys! Finally, this is my first post and finally, I am planning to buy a new system.

I have been playing only starcraft 2 since 2010 on my AMD 4200+/GT 9800 system, thats is enough to play online on a 1920x1080 23" monitor with settings on high :)

But now, I am planning to start to play others single players game, from the new generation. My system is even unable to play civ 5! lol

I am choosing the best perfromance/price ratio and I found out the following setup:

GPU Geforce GTX 760
CPU FX - 8320
Memory 16GB G.Skill 1866
MoBo Gigabit GA-970A-D3

I live in brazil, so everything is twice more expensive than any other country in the world. So, this is the best perf/price ratio I can buy here.

The price of GTX 670 is high than 760 and almost the same range of GTX 770 here. It is worth to get a 770 or try to find a used 670 ?

What do you thing about this system ?

Is it good enough to play new generation games with high settings ?
Would you be happy with this setup ?

The intel based solution is twice more expensive and I think is a waste of money to buy a expensive processor with a built in gpu that I will never use :)

I do not like radeon gpu too ( Sorry, nvidia only :) ).

Thanks in advance and sorry about my english :)

mbarbantini

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
Noooo...
This is like the 5th post with people choosing AMD CPUs with 760!
Stop it!
Get an i5-3570K. Done.

Edit: if you're only gonna be playing Starcraft 2 you don't need all of this... Lower everything a bit...

Edit 2: I live in Brazil too, haha, eaé? You should try and not buy anything here, really not worth it. Whenever you can just get a plane ticket to the US and get everything :)

Edit 3: so never mind, if you WILL be playing next-generation games on it, keep your build but change the CPU as listed above :)

Boa sorte cara :)