Best processor available for Asus P5N-D?

luis815tx

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015
What is the best processor available for Asus P5N-D mobo or the best bang for my buck i know is and older system but would like to keep it alive a little longer i don't really have any problems with it but i do notice its close to 100 usage in some games. I currently have a Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 - ASUS P5N-D ACPI BIOS Revision 1401- windows 10 64 bit.

So far in my search i was thinking the Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 3.0 GHz or Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz don't see too much of a difference on both i was hoping to search ebay or amazon every so often to see if i find one one day cheap. Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2 GhZ doesn't show as supported on Asus website.

CPU support- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P5ND/HelpDesk_CPU/

Solution
You can go with the q6600 , Overclock it and you'd get a pretty good performance. Also the q9650 won't be bad either if you Overclick it aswell.
Getting a QX9770 it's irrelevant though as it's more expensive and won't bring better performance.
You can go with the q6600 , Overclock it and you'd get a pretty good performance. Also the q9650 won't be bad either if you Overclick it aswell.
Getting a QX9770 it's irrelevant though as it's more expensive and won't bring better performance.

Solution

luis815tx

Reputable
Sep 25, 2015

I see that the Ghz on both u mentioned are lower than my current processor I also have never overclocked anything, without overclocking would your answer still be the same going with one of the models you mentioned.

I believe my processor is bottle necking my GTX 660

Thanks for your reply ChumP

You can't compare your Dual core CPU with the Core 2 Quad and the Frequency is not the most important thing on a processor. A Quad Core CPu will make a big difference there .

Also the Q6600 can get up to 3.2 GHz with ease on air cooling. If you are not Overclocking the Q9650 would be the way to go.

TRENDING THREADS