best processor in 10,000 to 18,000 Indian Rupees

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I think I'd suggest the Intel 3570K which is near same performance and a bit lower cost, as you will want a good CPU cooler which isn't mentioned (and not sure of overall budget), for that I'd go the Hyper 212 EVO, about $35 US, pair it with the Asus P8Z77-V LK mobo $140 US, and think I'd suggest 8GB of DRAM as a good entry point, something like the Gskill Snipers in 1600/CL9 F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR about $68 US

Here my friend -
http://www.flipkart.com/amd-4-1-ghz-fm2-a10-series-a10-6800k-four-core-processor/p/itmdhtnuhrjrzywk?pid=PSRDHTNMHWAFEGMQ&otracker=from-search&srno=t_3&q=A10&ref=aa19af35-ef03-48ad-a08d-fe5fe73092a4

The AMD APU's have a good CPU power ( enough to satisfy Multi tasking and other average needs ) and exceptionally well Integrated GPU's which makes them an considerable gaming combo for low-medium settings at resolutions below 1080p. Here's a motherboard for it -
http://www.flipkart.com/msi-fm2-a55m-e33-motherboard/p/itmdgkuhgpxtagvq?pid=MBDDGKUK7Z7F5KVX&icmpid=reco_pp_same_motherboard_4

This motherboard is a good cheaper one. Also get this RAM -
http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsz-ddr3-16-gb-4-x-4-gb-pc-ram-f3-12800cl9q-16gbzl/p/itmd55uhhyyzfmpn?pid=RAMD55UHRBX9FAYG&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&q=F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH&ref=ead24d43-f603-495b-98b8-6195b6eacde0
The APU's need faster RAM , 2133MHz will be sufficient to increase gaming performance. And 16GB = Unlimited multitasking , and enough for gaming.

The only reason I would disagree with going with the 3570K is the fact that you would have no upgrade path. 1155 is now a dead socket. It is a good performer for a dead socket, but a dead socket none the less. And in a couple years, when broadwell is released with a smaller manufacturing process, we will hopefully see much better performance than both Ivy Bridge and Haswell. Plus, it will sport an 1150 socket compatibility.

I strongly disagree. There is no average user/gamer that will ever max out 8GB of RAM, even with some pretty heavy multitasking. The A10 has very weak CPU performance, and will bottleneck if you ever were to put a discrete GPU with it, as I own one paired with a 7850. Also, the integrated graphics would likely have a very hard time with modern games, even at 720p.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
In a couple years though the 1150 socket mobos will all be outdated and replaced with lines of 1150 that run DDR4, which will be the standard by then, Broadwell will accept and run even more and faster DRAM, so effectively it's not really that good of an upgrade path, plus in the i7s, if any will go down in price in the next 2 years it will be the 1155 3770K, which would make upgrading to it more cost effective than to the still full price 4770K

If the build is focused on higher tasks -

CPU - http://www.flipkart.com/intel-3-4-ghz-lga1155-core-i5-3570k-processor/p/itmd99wtgqur9dhm?pid=PSRD99WSTTH4Y88G&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&q=3570k&ref=90502108-9924-49c2-a41a-6ebf926a7271
Motherboard - http://www.flipkart.com/asrock-z77-extreme4-motherboard/p/itmdamffsarhgnwy?pid=MBDDAMFF5W2EZH9T&icmpid=reco_pp_cross_motherboard_1 ( high end ) OR
http://www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-ga-b75m-d3h-motherboard/p/itmdacp36gegyeqt?pid=MBDDACP2GUBGFPFM&icmpid=reco_pp_same_motherboard_17 ( lower end )
RAM - http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-4-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-f3-10666cl9s-4gbxl/p/itmd8ekfxnhgztyd?pid=RAMD8EKF97CEN3FY&icmpid=reco_pp_same_ram_17 (4GB only , but good enough) OR
http://www.flipkart.com/g-skill-ripjawsx-ddr3-8-gb-1-x-gb-pc-ram-f3-12800cl10s-8gbxl/p/itmd67pzh7k5vhjw?pid=RAMD67PZMPKWGWHE&icmpid=reco_pp_same_ram_5 ( 8GB is more than enough for multitasking and average needs )
CPU cooling - get this
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-tx3-evo/p/itmd5xzprhxvefrj?pid=COLD5XZPV75JZAEZ&ref=9832cb1d-2430-44c8-8441-b6dbea678307 ( This one is more than enough for you IMO , and if you want better cooling add a second fan like this one -
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-bc-80-led-fan/p/itmd7fsmzvhbxycc?pid=COLD7FSMEJFSSHH4&icmpid=reco_pp_same_cooler_19 ) OR Get this one if you need -
http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-hyper-212x/p/itmdhtmxs5re9nxg?pid=COLDHTMWBZ75G7NF&icmpid=reco_pp_same_cooler_5 ( elder brother of the 212 EVO and add a second fan like this if needed - http://www.flipkart.com/cooler-master-xtraflo/p/itmd5xzpqyggkuff?pid=COLD5XZPBVPRGERZ&otracker=from-search&srno=t_1&q=XtraFlo&ref=b966412a-d751-4a05-9950-03b35b4d8640 )

Yes, but for something like computing power and multitasking, A jump to an i7 would be a rather useless upgrade. The only advantage it has is hyperthreading, which is only utilized by a select few applications. Faster RAM speed doesn't matter all that much unless you are using integrated graphics, as I'm sure you know. An i5 broadwell would likely crush an Ivy bridge i7, and for a very efficient price to performance ratio. For instance, the i7 2700K is 2 generations old, and it still goes for over $300. There is no reason for intel to drop prices on the 3770k by the time broadwell is released.

I would sorta agree there with expol0itfinder. The only reason I said the i5-3570K is because the i5-4670K is 2-2.5K bucks expensive , which isn't worth upgrading. Also the 8 series motherboards are 2-2.5K more expensive in most cases when compared to motherboards similarly with similar specs on the 7 series. So that motherboard + CPU were 4-5K INR expensive for only a measly 7-15% performance upgrade ( which is completely useless for the purpose mentioned. That being said an i5 is an overkill as well.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Just pointing out that while many think Haswell is future proof and to but an 1150 right now, to 'future proof' doesn't make much sense because there will be the 1150 (prob) when Broadwell hits the desktop, but whose going to want to upgrade and use (by then) a probably outdated 1150 mobo running DDR3 and an outdate Z87 chicpset, has every body already forgotten that 1155 started with the P67 and SB and then moved to Z77 and IB.........how many people moved to Ivy (like those that will go to Broadwell) and kept their P67.........Extremely few and Broadwell there will prob be even fewer since the new 1150 mobos/chipset for Broadwell will run DDR4.......Sorry, but this really just seems like a litle common sense is called for here - so the only real upgrade path for the 3570K or the 4670K is to an i7

I get what you are saying. This is just my solution, which happens to be an opinion. Also, imo, there is no such thing as "future proofing" when it comes to PCs. I understand that. But you can do certain things to make upgrading a little more friendly. I do not think intel will kill z87 in the next processor refresh, maybe just update the memory controller. If this were the case, broadwell processors would play quite nicely with existing z87 MOBOs after a BIOS update.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
Broadwell is more than a MC update, It's like what IB was to SB.....at least at this point, different animals sharing the same color of fur...Intel isn't yet positive of all that will change which is why Broadwell/Desktop has already been slipped to 2015

Then I suppose only time will tell. What I really want is for AMD to get their act together with steamroller so we can see some actual market competition. Then we may actually see some serious processing performers out of intel instead of these small, incremental updates.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
My thoughts exactly Bro, but don't see it happening, they gotten so good at all these promises that never come true, think they throw a dart and if it hits 7, thn they'' say the next CPU will run at 7GHz, The 8150 and 830 were originally designed to run abou 3.3 and 3.5, they artificially raised the multiplier before release so they could claim they run 1866 DRAM natively, when the CPUs are actually 1333 native, which is why they are only rated up to 2 sticks of 1866, with four some can run 1600, most are down to 1333

AMD's definition of what makes a powerful processor is a little broken as of late. Clock speed is no longer the limiting factor in CPU power, and neither is "core count". The only hope for the FX series at this point is next gen consoles. Since they will feature 8 weaker cores (much like the FX series), they will have to be utilized wisely. I am hoping that the multithreading capability of these AMD processors will begin to shine in next gen games. However, even that is a bit of a far fetched concept, mainly because consoles have had multiple cores for years, and the concept of multithreaded games never really caught on.

Mr Udit , Please fill this one up so that I ( seems like my friends want to debate ) can help you find the best PC for the buck -

When are you purchasing the parts ?

What is your budget ?

What are your needs ?

Your expectations from the PC :

Your location :

Your preferred sellers/websites :

Your part choices :

Are you upgrading or taking parts from any older PC/laptop ?

Why are you upgrading ?

Your current PC specs :

Do you plan to upgrade this PC ?

Do you need a OS or any other software ?

Do you need any Monitor ?

Do you need any peripheral ?

Any other notes :

Copy and paste and write the answers to those questions above and thats it. Also you might prefer to start a new thread. Tradesman1 , close this if the OP says ( Commanding a Mod like a Boss )

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No debate, just discussing while awaiting a response, you've already suggested an APU, which is sort of blah, then followed on my 3570K suggestion, Think Exploitfinder and I are just waiting to hear what Udit Sharmaa
thinks, it was a straight forward questions he asked, I see no sense in suggestion a large number of vastly different options if the original suggestion would be one that makes Udit happy....but, I guess that's just me ;) he asked what's the best, I answered with my best answer, I don't think in terms of a lot of different BEST CPUs ;)

Why not a i3-3240 ? Or a FX 4300 ? Or maybe a FX6100 ? There's a lot of option. From my 5 months experience in building I have realised that Dual Cores like the Pentium's , Celeron's and i3's or the Athlon X2's or Phenom X2's all are good. I have built with all of them and found every one of those handling average needs quite easily. Its then the part preferences , price , availability , and other compatibility ,etc which cause the issues. I say get one of those Dual cores mentioned above + a SSD + 6GB RAM. Thats just supergood for multi tasking. I had a Pentium G2010 + 6GB of G.Skill 1333MHz RAM ( 3x2GB sticks ) + a 120 GB Samsung 840 SSD build a week ago. The guy was amazed with the speed. He was stepping up from a APU laptop , and was felling as if its a supercomputer for his money. He needed a PC for checking mails , watching movies , multitasking , some office work ,etc.

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
I'm just saying - the question was simple "what's the best processor in this range (around 260$) for good processing speed and multitasking", to me a simple question, I answered throwing in a CPU cooler that would be required if he didn't have one. That's my answer....you're now throwing all kinds of what if's, and everything else in....It's best to offer a suggestion and then work from there (IMO) and that comes from people who PM me on a daily basis (8 today) alone that don't want to hear from everybody and their brother throwing stuff out that often makes no sense, they want a simple answer to a simple question

Calm Down mate , and okay I was just sharing my experience. I probably am not as experienced as you nor have a business sorta stuff ( I am just 14 ) And those what ifs and etc are for helping him out nothing else

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
No problem, you sound like my son at 14 (25 now and an IT manager, he built his first PC at 7 a 486 back when I worked for the US Park Service) - thing is, don't overload people with data, keep it simple and then take things as they progress and expand outward...Will have an eye out for you, any questions feel free to PM me

Okay. I wont dive into things too early next time. And yeah Thanks for that one. I actually am thinking of a upgrade path for my PC , had a thread too , but its done.
Also I would thank you for the help in RAM guide. I changed the stuff in the capacity and latency.

Udit Sharmaa

Honorable
Apr 2, 2013

When are you purchasing the parts ? = I want to purchase very soon

What is your budget ? = my budget is 28,000-30,000 Indian Rupees (apprx. 500 US$) for CPU (processor+mobo+Ram+Cabinet)

What are your needs ? = processor+mobo+Ram+Cabinet } I need best component in my budgets and also a HDD that not included in this budget. I put HDD separate because i want to buy HDD after these 4 parts.

Your expectations from the PC : fast processing speed, high performance in playing HD movies and multitasking(running software and lots of Internet surfing.

Your location : India

Your preferred sellers/websites : i want to buy all components separately. if I have to buy online there are Flipkart and some other stores also.

Your part choices : 1. I don't want PC for Gaming. so I don't need Graphics card. I want to play HD movies only. so maybe i don't need high graphics and 2. I want cabinet with good wiring and PSU, not so much costly(it should be less than 60 US $)

Are you upgrading or taking parts from any older PC/laptop ? = I want to use DVD writer and a TV TUNER Card from my old cpu.

Why are you upgrading ? = for better performance( fast processing and multitasking) because my computer hangs when lots of application run.

Your current PC specs : Intel dual core 2.0 ghz + asus mobo

Do you plan to upgrade this PC ? = which thid old or that I want to purchase? In future I don't want to upgrade this new Pc (for which I Searching now) for 3-4 years.

Do you need a OS or any other software ?= no. ihave window 8,vista and xp.

Do you need any Monitor ? =no

Do you need any peripheral ?=no

Any other notes : please suggest me guys for best options.please suggest me all these components together. 2nd generation,3rd gen. or 4th gen intel processor or AMD - tell me according to their merits and my needs (multitasking and fast processing and I my PC runs for 8-15 hours after some rest).